TV Home Forum

UKTV Presentation

Bits and Pieces (April 2017)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
NW
nwtv2003
You’d be surprised at the amount of pubs and hotels that still use the older Sky/Sky+ boxes that don’t do HD (ie anything before 2006). Hard to believe the EPG on those boxes is now 20 years old.
SP
Steve in Pudsey
Or the number feeding "HD" around the pub via RF because of restrictions on HDMI
PF
PFML84
I cringe whenever I go into a bar or other establishment with TV's and you can see they are showing you a HD channel in a snowy SD filter as they are sending the signal round the place via an old RF cable. Thankfully some bars have upgraded their set-ups and have proper HD feeds going around all the sets, if only they'd remembered to set the overscan to off as some channels have their graphics dangerously close to the 16:9 safe zone! Wink
JA
james-2001
At least you rarely see the 4:3 cut-out stretched to fill the screen any more. At one time I swear the majority were watching like that.
PF
PFML84
Yes, that was awful also, thankfully those days are seemingly gone and most places have updated set-ups.

27 days later

DB
dbl
Might be worth tuning into Dave during Live at the Apollo tonight at 9:10pm, a special ad break.

Also next week Monday across UKTV, there's a few presentation tweaks across the network

Edit: typo, 9:10pm not 10:10pm
Last edited by dbl on 26 November 2018 10:37pm - 3 times in total
:-(
A former member
Im surprised there doing some tweaks since there planning to split the company .
DB
dbl
Im surprised there doing some tweaks since there planning to split the company .

It's business as usual, anything mentioned in the papers is speculation and nothing has totally been confirmed.
LL
London Lite Founding member
I won't be surprised if Christmas Gold returns on Saturday or Monday.
DB
dbl
I won't be surprised if Christmas Gold returns on Saturday or Monday.

Usual day Wink (1st)

No changes OSP wise (apart from the network tweaks on the 3rd)
Last edited by dbl on 26 November 2018 6:22pm
FA
fanoftv
dbl posted:
Might be worth tuning into Dave during Live at the Apollo tonight at 10:10pm, a special ad break.

Also next week Monday across UKTV, there's a few presentation tweaks across the network

I didn’t spot the programme and tuned in at 10:10pm but it was Room 101. What was the special ad break?
TE
tesandco Founding member
It was actually at 9.10pm (unless you were on Dave Ja Vue I guess Wink ) - probably just a slight typo by dbl there, but they've been plugging it throughout nearly every junction on Dave this evening anyway.

In the end less of an advert, but instead a 4 minute mostly textual awareness junction in the Dave house style (white text on Grey) to promote the Campaign Against Living Miserably, encouraging people to look after fellow men's mental health by being a mate. Naturally on their Twitter feed too anyway:-

Capybara, Brekkie and fanoftv gave kudos

Newer posts