TV Home Forum

BBC Oneness - idents and presentation

"Watch this space" as BBC Creative respond to ident change request (December 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BR
Brekkie
Didn't they hold off slightly last year and launch midweek?
MR
mr_vivian
No they launched it on Saturday 2nd December last year. I think it was after Strictly. But they have launched them after the One Show in the middle of the week on other occasions so that could happen either.
JO
Joe
Joe posted:
Don't expect much from them, as each year, thinking of new idents for Christmas seems to be a strain now for them

Completely unsubstantiated statement.

Opinion Joe, just an opinion, not fact.

Yep, and still an unsubstantiated one.
JK
JKDerry
Joe posted:
Joe posted:
Completely unsubstantiated statement.

Grow up.

[User was warned for this post.]
JO
Joe
Joe posted:

Grow up.

*sigh*
DB
dbl
Don't expect much from them, as each year, thinking of new idents for Christmas seems to be a strain now for them,

So much of a strain that last year's Christmas package won a string of Promax awards a few weeks ago? Hmmm.
BA
bilky asko
Did Strictly accidentally cut in a shot from rehearsals tonight when introducing Dave Arch and his orchestra? They're usually all very dressed up and you could see they were in Gloria Estefan's opener, but were all dressed in normal clothes when Tess introduced them, and they cut away from the shot too early, as if they'd realised the error?

AR
Argybargy
I'm sure it must genuinely be tricky for BBC One to come up with decent new ideas for each year's Christmas idents. But I'd hardly call it a "strain" for them, rather it's a "creative challenge". They mostly do seem to keep delivering the goods every December, with perhaps the odd noteable exception where things don't quite hit the mark -2012 and 2016 for me.

As for the 2017 Christmas idents, they thoroughly deserved to win those awards. They've set the bar high. It'll be tough to beat, no matter what they come up with next week.
Last edited by Argybargy on 24 November 2018 9:02pm
MR
mr_vivian
... and in fairness to BBC One the Christmas idents are always different every year. Many channels are turning to re-using theirs for at least a few years.
Custard56, Argybargy and DE88 gave kudos
JK
JKDerry
Let me clarify my position, as I see I have been warned by TV Forum

I posted a personal opinion about BBC One's attitude to their Christmas idents. A personal opinion, where many others on here have said far worse.

"Joe" said I gave "Completely unsubstantiated statement". I just replied "grow up" because I felt he should have understood this was a personal opinion, and did not need to be substantiated and as a result, TV Forum has given me a warning.

Now, on here, I never get into a slagging match. I have never been warned. In fact others have been damn right rude and nasty to me, but I never have hit back. I felt this warning is unfair, and I feel that "Joe" should have understood, I was just making a basic opinion, not stating a fact.

Here is what I said in the quote - "Don't expect much from them, as each year, thinking of new idents for Christmas seems to be a strain now for them" - how is this cause for me getting a warning? Where in this line have I said something offensive, rude or crude? Grow up was the only two words I typed.

So, I feel this is harsh, and unnecessary, especially from a forum where I have been sent private messages by one person, slagging me off in private and that person has not been warned.

If "Joe" is looking for an apology from me, then I am sorry if you are easily offended by me just saying "grow up". I never intended to hurt anyone from my comments on here. I did not think "grow up" would be cause for offence.

Thank you.
AR
Argybargy
... and in fairness to BBC One the Christmas idents are always different every year. Many channels are turning to re-using theirs for at least a few years .

BBC Two and ITV, please step forward....

At least we know that BBC Two will definitely have something new for us this Christmas, the first time since 2011.
JK
JKDerry
... and in fairness to BBC One the Christmas idents are always different every year. Many channels are turning to re-using theirs for at least a few years .

BBC Two and ITV, please step forward....

At least we know that BBC Two will definitely have something new for us this Christmas, the first time since 2011.

Yes, I am looking forward to what BBC Two will have, they have very good set of new idents now, I wonder what they will do for Christmas with them?

Newer posts