« Topics
james-20014,333 posts since 13 Sep 2015 Recently warned
Central (East) East Midlands Today
Maybe they should move to a different station for the next series, the first series was in King's Cross, they can possibly go somewhere else. Victoria or Euston maybe?

The Kings Cross/East Coast series you're thinking of was on Sky One.

Paddington Station 24/7 is the First Great Western series renamed after First lost the franchise.

No, there was "Inside King's Cross" which was on Channel 5 at the start of 2017. Was basically the same show- same theme tune, graphics and production team.
dvboy9,614 posts since 11 Jan 2003
Central (West) Midlands Today
Maybe they should move to a different station for the next series, the first series was in King's Cross, they can possibly go somewhere else. Victoria or Euston maybe?

Paddington Station 24/7 is the First Great Western series renamed after First lost the franchise.

No, there was "Inside King's Cross" which was on Channel 5 at the start of 2017. Was basically the same show- same theme tune, graphics and production team.

I stand corrected, must have missed that one!
Andrew13,354 posts since 27 Mar 2001
Yorkshire Look North (Yorkshire)

To clarify, First haven’t lost the franchise and are still running GWR.
DE88 gave kudos
Jonwo (previously Jonwo87) 441 posts since 20 Sep 2007
Been a long time since there seems to have been any real comedy or drama on C5 though too, sadly.

The last I can remember were ‘suspects’ as original drama in 2016 and original comedies ‘impractical jokers uk’ and the (IMO) underrated ‘boarderline’ in 2016.

Channel 5 has three dramas coming in 2019, one is Cold Call starring Sally Lindsay, 15 Days and a untitled feature length drama. And while it's technically an import as it's an Irish drama, they have Blood coming up in two weeks.

Maybe they could look at somewhere outside the capital?

Manchester Piccadilly would be good or if they want another London station, maybe Waterloo.
62305823,177 posts since 19 Aug 2005
STV Central Reporting Scotland
Its been suggested LWT news was moved to 5.15 in September 1992 to give more prep for the new programme starting in Jan 93 or to allow a On buses repeat at 6.30pm to bring in more viewers.

What I actually think is, everything was moved around to allow the switchover to come back into being for the last couple of months.

What do other think?
Is the next post dreaded?
JamesM0984
Central (East) East Midlands Today
I think that's more the move of Home and Away to 6pm. Before, Thames would start playing it out at 5.10, but the show would finish up with LWT basically taking THS as an outside source. There'd be a very noticeable splat at 5.15 still.

What usually happened is THS played out the (mostly networked) lunchtime showing, but all regions recorded this feed and then played said recording back locally for the evening showing: there wasn't a networked transmission as such.

Therefore, LWT would have switched to playing out such a recording after the move.
Inspector Sands13,140 posts since 25 Aug 2004
Its been suggested LWT news was moved to 5.15 in September 1992 to give more prep for the new programme starting in Jan 93 or to allow a On buses repeat at 6.30pm to bring in more viewers.

What I actually think is, everything was moved around to allow the switchover to come back into being for the last couple of months.

I don't see how moving the news to 5:15 gave more prep for London Tonight. Nor do I see why they'd rearrange their schedules just to bring back an in vision handover for a few months. Especially as it meant having to fudge the end of Children's ITV every Friday to fill the extra 5 mins.

The main change then was that LWTs hour long regional programme at 6pm didn't return that autumn, in anticipation of the start of London Tonight at 6 in January. So presumably they took that opportunity to make Home and Away the same time 5 days a week.

Doesn't explain why they chose the news to be on at 5:15 rather than 6:30 like Thames though. Maybe they wanted a last chance to start the evening with a non-news programme? They were probably restricted as to what could go over the changeover, I can't see either wanting their others regional programme on their airtime
buster1,714 posts since 15 Mar 2006
London London
5.15 is a ridiculously early time for an evening news programme, especially one aimed at London where travel time from work to home is generally longer than in other areas. 6pm today is still pretty early...