TV Home Forum

ITV Theme Announcement

(November 2018)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
TI
TIGHazard
This is gonna be confusing years down the road if Classic Corrie continues.
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member

Commit the reason for the change to memory now and when the situation crops up on a repeat in 25 years time you'll get first dibs of being a smart arse. Wink
BM
BM11
The Emmerdale rearrangment worked. Corrie's didnt and sounded awful.
MR
mr_vivian
It works well with Emmerdale and This Morning. I was so worried Corrie had actually changed the theme but now I see it's Elton John.
RD
RDJ
So given the John Lewis ad has been released, and is all about Elton John and his piano, I think we can say that it's all linked.
AN
Andrew Founding member
RDJ posted:
So given the John Lewis ad has been released, and is all about Elton John and his piano, I think we can say that it's all linked.

So it’s launching at 9:15 tonight, but let’s put it on YouTube at 7am anyway so everyone has seen it already by 9:15?!
ST
South Today
Did anyone capture the Emmerdale and Corrie themes at all please?
JO
Josh
Did anyone capture the Emmerdale and Corrie themes at all please?

Should all be on the Hub.

In regards to the advert...
It's more of a Elton John advert than a John Lewis one. Sellouts.
WH
Whataday Founding member
RDJ posted:

So it’s launching at 9:15 tonight, but let’s put it on YouTube at 7am anyway so everyone has seen it already by 9:15?!

Definitely a far better way of doing it in this day and age. They'll be talking about it on TV and in workplaces up and down the country all day. The linear broadcast is just a small part of the campaign.
SP
Steve in Pudsey
BM11 posted:
The Emmerdale rearrangment worked. Corrie's didnt and sounded awful.

I haven't seen either yet, however piano was quite prominent in the original Emmerdale Farm theme so not surprising that worked.

Surprised about Corrie, Pianobash demonstrates how it can be done. The piece is called "Lancashire Blues" so done in a blues piano style it should have worked.
WH
Whataday Founding member
If the theme was played in a different style or tempo, I suspect that could violate rules relating to PP over-influencing the content. But I might be wrong.
HC
Hatton Cross

No it won't.
You do know it is fairly easy to edit in the usual opening title sequence on this episide for oversesa/repeat showings these days...

Newer posts