The Newsroom

BBC News Channel Presentation - 21/03/16 onwards

Split from BBC News Channel General Discussion (March 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
SP
Steve in Pudsey
I think that was more an issue of cutting to the right camera rather than positioning.
WO
Worzel
I think that was more an issue of cutting to the right camera rather than positioning.

Looked to me like the camera which would usually be facing the catwalk was stuck facing the desk.
HA
harshy Founding member
Something like that happened on BBC Business Live as well.
HA
harshy Founding member
BBC news channel lower thirds seems to have moved up a few pixels compared to World in fact you see more picture at the bottom compared to bbc world Surprised

Maybe someone can produce those simulcast videos to prove this.

Bbc World News has also moved a few pixels I saw it move up with my own eyes.
TI
TIGHazard
BBC News Channel not currently taking the News at Six

How often does this happen?
RN
Rolling News

Quite frequently if there's a major developing story happening.
DV
dvboy
It means they can cover breaking news more effectively on the News Channel while still covering other stories in the 6.
SS
SuperSajuuk

Has happened in the past, for example BBC News Channel took only the first 30 minutes version of Outside Source that's normally just for World News only, when Jo Cox was killed. As mentioned before, major developing stories will sideline the network bulletin as that's primarily for BBC One viewers.
BB
BBI45

dvboy posted:
It means they can cover breaking news more effectively on the News Channel while still covering other stories in the 6.

As demonstrated by a Conservative source saying that a leadership challenge is likely.
WL
W1LL
The 6:55pm hand back from the regions to network for a summary is back for one night only tonight according to Fiona. Is this the first time they’ve done it since it was scrapped?
Last edited by W1LL on 14 November 2018 6:54pm
VM
VMPhil
The 6:55pm hand back to the regions to network for a summary is back for one night only tonight according to Fiona. Is this the first time they’ve done it since it was scrapped?

I assume - as with the Six only being on BBC One - that this is due to the potentially fast moving news in Westminster this evening. It is a bit like being back in 1999 though. When did News 24 start simulcasting the BBC One bulletins?
MC
Mindi_Crayon
Is it just me, or does Studio B look fantastic with the 'generic' BBC News pictures?

Newer posts