TV Home Forum

BBC Two 2018 Revamp

New ident ‘Discovery’ - p89 (September 2018)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
:-(
A former member
SO there has been an edit: whats caused this..

LU
lukeshep
It's been said before but it bears repeating, this lovely fresh modern look for BBC 2 really makes BBC 1 look like complete crap in comparison. How long are they going to wait before dumping the failure that is Oneness and giving us a proper look for the channel? It's frankly embarassing.

I doubt that Onemess will be ending anytime soon, since they keep adding more to the set.
A former member
That is very disappointing! Eorpa returned tonight, thus BBC 2 ALBA should have appeared but it didn't..
CY
cylon6
SO there has been an edit: whats caused this..

He's right!

What happened there? 🤔
DE
DE88
Unfortunate Scheduling of a recorded programme in Remembrance week with a reference to Dunkirk and the attitude of those involved at the start of Only Connect tonight. Victoria Coren Mitchell has already apologised personally on Twitter

VCM is still a legend. Wink

This series of OC is meant to be shorter than the last two, right? That would at least partially explain why it's had an autumn start instead of a summer one.
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member
OC is a shorter run this year as explained in the programme, their "new old format". Which I take as code for 'we ran out of connections, sequences, walls and words we could chop the vowels out of' Smile
DE
DE88
OC is a shorter run this year as explained in the programme, their "new old format". Which I take as code for 'we ran out of connections, sequences, walls and words we could chop the vowels out of' Smile

It still feels fresher than many current reality and talent shows - and even Pointless, IMHO.

Not sure if it has the ability to run and run like Mastermind or Countdown, however. It definitely wouldn't be the same without Victoria, anyway.
MY
MY83
I don't think VCM has much to worry about.... if you're intelligent enough to watch OC, you're intelligent enough to not take unneeded offence at a throwaway irreverant joke at the top of the show.
MY
MY83
Meanwhile on TVPlayer, their "This is BBC Two" programme illustration image is two ident-sets out of date.

And the BBC One image is worthy of consideration, as pedantically and technically it's correct, although a bit inceptual, as BBC One is rebroadcasting BBC News (24), which is simulcasting with BBC World (News)

RO
Rofters
Ident number 19 - ‘Gripping’
https://www.instagram.com/p/BpzmbV-HWbc/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=r4i1kb39rtdk
A former member
That is interesting.
VM
VMPhil
The colourful one is called 'Slice': https://www.instagram.com/p/BppUyv7HluT/

Newer posts