TV Home Forum

E4, More4, Film4 and 4Music Rebrand:

Rebrand on 27th September 2018. P5 for pres details. (September 2018)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JC
JCB
I like these idents. They are very E4. I don’t like the logo though, it just doesn’t look ‘right’.

They were very MTV 30 years ago. They lack the charm of the the Eefer idents...and going further back the house band idents. These just feel like generic 16-34 year old channel idents imo.
FA
fanoftv
How we differ, Eefer has charm at first, but I was sick of seeing it before the rebrand and the house band seemed to drag on for a while too. I much prefer this direction... though I too am yet to warm to the new logo.
:-(
A former member
We now have 16 main idents! Mr wood has spotted another one: https://theident.gallery/player.php?id=E4-2018-ID-MOUTHPARTIES-1

Also CA has been taking the Pee out of the mid terms...

No, Mr B got there first a couple of pages back!
LU
lukeshep
I liked Eefer as well, especially after the 2017 rebrand of C4 because both channels had robot creatures as their mascots. Tim Goodwin suggested the idea that each channel could have had its own robotic characters on his review of the new look.
TE
tesandco Founding member
I don't think Eefer was all that bad. It was just that Channel 4 never really went anywhere with the concept after that initial launch set of idents. Just changing a few bits of text didn't really stop what was a very small and not particularly active set becoming tediously repetitive very quick.

This is the same problem their main channel has been suffering from since 2015 too. Rather than bringing in an idea and adding to or improving on it over time, now they seem to bring in a new idea, do nothing with it, then just throw it out completely after 2 years.
LL
Larry the Loafer
I don't think Eefer was all that bad. It was just that Channel 4 never really went anywhere with the concept after that initial launch set of idents.

Some things never change, it seems.
MR
mr_vivian
Has anyone noticed on 4music how they have Sabrina the teenage witch from Season 5 just? Are the first 4 seasons still broadcasting on the vault?
:-(
A former member
There have plans to broad cast the new reboot?
PA
PATV Scunthorpe
Has anyone noticed on 4music how they have Sabrina the teenage witch from Season 5 just? Are the first 4 seasons still broadcasting on the vault?

Yes, Box Plus currently only have the rights to 5-8, with The Vault keeping 1-4, the hope is to get first refusal when the rights for The Vault expire.
AM
amosc100
There have plans to broad cast the new reboot?

The reboot is a Netflix original and is currently on Netflix UK

Also, just from the first two episodes, I have seen, the reboot is far far darker and more violent than the old Nickelodeon version.

PS it also stars Michelle Gomez (Missy from Doctor Who)
JB
JasonB
Watched the first two episodes of season 5 on Monday and it's being broadcast in stretchy vision rather than 4:3. I hope not much has been chopped out like they did on SMTV.
Last edited by JasonB on 7 November 2018 4:18pm
MR
mr_vivian

Yes, Box Plus currently only have the rights to 5-8, with The Vault keeping 1-4, the hope is to get first refusal when the rights for The Vault expire.

Thanks - I was so disappointed to find it hadn't moved fully from the vault. Then I realised Sabrina moved networks from season 5 when it went out originally.

Mum and Dad have Freesat and I watched it on there but at my house I have Virgin Media so there's no Vault channel. Boo.

Newer posts