« Topics
JamesM0984589 posts since 21 Jun 2018 Recently warned
Central (East) East Midlands Today
Sorry. To be fair, he's the only person I know that still thinks this is a competition between broadcasters - he hates the flag parade and any sort of flag being on screen for that reason. If he got Sand's job the flag parade would be of TV logos. Which would go down well here to be fair...
Whataday gave kudos
Jon7,363 posts since 11 Apr 2005
Central (West) Midlands Today
If it was a competition between broadcasters, then the UK would have at least three entries - BBC, ITV, and S4C. I bet it's the same in other countries, multiple broadcasters being EBU members.

The Champions League is a competition between football teams from within UEFA however there are hundreds of teams that aren’t in.

Of course it’s a competition between nations, but each entry is put forward by a broadcaster. So it’s both a competition between countries and broadcasters. Of course using the nation is an easier way of selling something to an international audience than the name of a TV brand they’ve never heard of.
DE88681 posts since 8 Jan 2017
UTV Newsline
Who is Ian Weaver?

He's been doing a weekly column on UKGameshows.com for nearly 18 years. Wink
"Channel 5! The channel that brings you England goals!" -- Jonathan Pearce, 31 May 1997

On hiatus from 1 January 2019. Perhaps I take the drawbacks of the written word *too* seriously.
noggin13,973 posts since 26 Jun 2001
Sorry. To be fair, he's the only person I know that still thinks this is a competition between broadcasters - he hates the flag parade and any sort of flag being on screen for that reason. If he got Sand's job the flag parade would be of TV logos. Which would go down well here to be fair...

How did he cope in the years when two broadcasters were involved in Germany with the semifinal/final split ?
deejay2,791 posts since 5 Jan 2003
Central (South) Oxford
Haven’t Switzerland always sent multiple broadcasting delegations to represent the various official languages of the country? And I think Belgium used to alternate between French and Dutch broadcasters?
Two minutes regions...