The Newsroom

Sky News | General Discussion

(January 2018)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
DV
DVB Cornwall
The video was leaked to BuzzFeed other sources have picked it up ...

bkman1990 and DavidWhitfield gave kudos
WO
Worzel
https://www.theguardian.com/media/2018/oct/23/leaked-video-shows-adam-boulton-berating-sky-colleagues-off-air

Gosh!!!

No surprise it was leaked to The Guardian as they've become more aligned in the last couple of years, sharing headlines and leading with it on Press Preview.

Nothing beats this outburst though. Laughing

BB
BBI45
A spokesman for Sky News has said that “Adam was operating in a high-pressure live TV environment. He acknowledges he should not have sworn and apologises to Beth.”

I can understand that it might have been a high-pressure situation, but that is hardly an excuse for telling a colleague to "stop f***ing around". I've always thought that he seemed like he would be awful to work with off-camera, and this has somewhat shown it. If disciplinary action doesn't follow, I would be rather surprised.
TF
TellyFan
Beth looked rather hurt, if not shocked at his outburst in that video.
NB
NicB1971
Boulton always comes across as an arrogant know-it-all bully but was he drunk in that footage?
I can't stand Beth Rigby but he shouldn't have said what he did to her or their colleagues. About time he was pushed out to pasture.
richard h, Rkolsen and GMc gave kudos
DE
derek500
The video, which was shot during the Conservative party conference earlier this month and leaked to the Guardian on Tuesday......

Must have been a group leak. I'll check The Morning Star!!

The leaker should face disciplinary action.
LL
London Lite Founding member
Bolton has never been a natural presenter IMHO.
MD
mdtauk
The video, which was shot during the Conservative party conference earlier this month and leaked to the Guardian on Tuesday......

The clip was filmed from the conference lobby area, it could have been caught on a mobile phone by an attendee. It wasn't a closed set and so I don't see why action should be called for by the one who sent it, instead of on Adam Boulton for abuse of seniority and position to one of his subordinates.
DE
derek500

The clip was filmed from the conference lobby area, it could have been caught on a mobile phone by an attendee. It wasn't a closed set and so I don't see why action should be called for by the one who sent it, instead of on Adam Boulton for abuse of seniority and position to one of his subordinates.

That's not a leak. The same as the Ryanair incident is not a leak.
RO
rob Founding member
https://www.theguardian.com/media/2018/oct/23/leaked-video-shows-adam-boulton-berating-sky-colleagues-off-air

Gosh!!!

No surprise it was leaked to The Guardian as they've become more aligned in the last couple of years, sharing headlines and leading with it on Press Preview.

A friend of mine who's a frequent producer of the programme saw this post and asked me to point out the following...

There is no tie-up between Sky News and The Guardian, formal or otherwise.

Even if there were, the guests on the Press Preview are given clearance to talk about whatever they want, bar any legal caveats. The order is largely up to them, but the producer helps to finesse it and make it well-flowing TV. It's often the case that The Guardian is the last to arrive, but if it happens to have the best line on a story or a big investigation the guests want to talk about, they are given the scope to do that as late as during the half-past ad break if needs be. The Guardian is often the lead item on the 11:30 show because the guests have had more time to read it. No secret plot, just a question of good old-fashioned time management - and editorial independence.
richard h and Steve Williams gave kudos
SP
Steve in Pudsey
Nice to know you're still looking in Max
MA
Markymark

Nothing beats this outburst though. Laughing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DnQcO17uYY

A marriage made in heaven (IMHO)

Newer posts