TV Home Forum

Good Morning Britain

From Television Centre (April 2018)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
:-(
A former member
Just sounded like a bit of an away day for them. They’ve done it before.
VM
VMPhil
Training?
WH
Whataday Founding member
All the local newsreaders were invited to the internal launch of GMB and they've gone back for away days since then.
GM
Gary McEwan
I asked if anyone came down from STV, and apparently they were missed out.
WH
Whataday Founding member
They wouldn't be involved as it's an ITV News Group thing.
RK
Rkolsen
Maybe they’re filming promos? I know there aren’t dramatic spots like we have in the US but surely you have spots to promote news.

Happens here too sometimes the national talent comes to them if they are on the road, they film custom spots over satellite, or local goes to them.
WL
W1LL
Maybe they’re filming promos? I know there aren’t dramatic spots like we have in the US but surely you have spots to promote news.

Happens here too sometimes the national talent comes to them if they are on the road, they film custom spots over satellite, or local goes to them.

The way most of the local newsreaders have to race through the news, I doubt GMB think the opts are anything to shout about. The weather sponsorship sting seems longer than the actual bulletin now.
GM
GMc
They wouldn't be involved as it's an ITV News Group thing.

STV newsreaders have been involved in these events before. I know Emma Cameron (one of STV's morning presenters) went along just last year.
:-(
A former member
Of course there would, STV are contracted to provide the news for Scottish area on GMB?
AN
Andrew Founding member
The tweet I’ve seen doesn’t say they were “missed out”, it says they were “missed” I.e someone from STV wasn’t able to attend this time!

I imagine it’s just employee engagement, just like how people in other businesses get to visit other parts of their business.
WH
Whataday Founding member
I imagine it’s just employee engagement, just like how people in other businesses get to visit other parts of their business.

Is it still called One ITV or something similar?
RK
Rkolsen
Since you guys were discussing salaries before would it be reasonable to assume that as being a commercial broadcaster they get paid more than the BBC Breakfast people who do other shows?

Newer posts