The Newsroom

International News Presentation: Past and Present

(February 2007)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
LL
London Lite Founding member
With the extensive flooding in the Aude department of France, Franceinfo is simulcasting the regional France 3 bulletin for Occitanie.

Quatorzine Neko and WW Update gave kudos
CO
Colorband
...it was clear they also wanted people to know who owned it with a slight wink to the mothership.

Which probably also explains why the six colors of the NBC peacock showed up in the look at launch.
WW
WW Update
AFN (American Forces Network) Europe, Germany, 1979:

Quatorzine Neko, London Lite and Richard gave kudos
WW
WW Update
And in 1982:

Quatorzine Neko and London Lite gave kudos
WW
WW Update
https://www.france.tv/france-3/soir-3/713433-edition-speciale-40e-anniversaire.html

On Thursday, France 3's Soir 3 turned 40 and there was an extended-length bulletin presented by Francis Letellier with Jean-Marie Cavada (inaugural presenter, now MEP), Christine Ockrent (presenter during the 90s, first 20h female presenter), Marie Drucker (presenter during the 00s when the programme had a studio audience, current France 2 presenter) and Patricia Loison (preceding Soir 3 presenter, currently on sabbatical in Japan). It was a well produced bulletin and was a good idea to get the former presenters to present with Francis and together look back at highlights as opposed to a general 'nostalgia'. Perfectly modern, the programme concludes with a 'family photo' with over 20 of the various 'titulaires' and 'remplaçants'. A must watch for anyone who follows the French TV news industry.

This was the promo for the special anniversary edition:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YZn6v4svtg

And here's the entire anniversary newscast on YouTube:

Quatorzine Neko and London Lite gave kudos
WW
WW Update
Staying in Italy, here's a promo marking the first fifty years of Tagesschau, RAI's German-language newscast for South Tyrol, 2016:

The video quality isn't the best, but here's a 2017 edition of RAI's Tagesschau:

WW
WW Update
And staying in trilingual South Tyrol, here's RAI's Ladin-language newscast (in its entirety):

And here's an English-language video about RAI's South Tyrol station and its trilingual news programming:

WW
WW Update
A full-out NBC look from CNBC Europe, 1998:

MA
mark Founding member
I don't suppose anyone has anything from CNBC Europe before the merger with European Business News (EBN) at the start of 1998?

The live European programming was produced by Financial Times Television, and I vaguely remember the final incarnation looking nicer than the in-house productions after the merger (example in the above video). Presenters included Tanya Beckett, Jamie Robertson and Becky Anderson.
WW
WW Update
mark posted:
I don't suppose anyone has anything from CNBC Europe before the merger with European Business News (EBN) at the start of 1998?

The live European programming was produced by Financial Times Television, and I vaguely remember the final incarnation looking nicer than the in-house productions after the merger (example in the above video). Presenters included Tanya Beckett, Jamie Robertson and Becky Anderson.

I can't find any clips of pre-1998 CNBC Europe, but here's Becky Anderson anchoring at EBN in 1996:

WW
WW Update
By the way, EBN had an interesting program that would certainly interest many of us if it were still around: Media Report. Here's a clip from 1997:

Last edited by WW Update on 18 October 2018 11:44pm
LL
London Lite Founding member
Media Report was one of the shows I watched on EBN which did initially move to CNBC in a weekend slot.

Newer posts