TV Home Forum

Sky's Branding

(October 2009)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
LL
London Lite Founding member
Not sure where to put this. I have a TiVo WishList set up for the new Karl Pilkington show on Sky One, 'Sick of It', which is supposed to be premiering tomorrow at 10pm. However it appears to be premiering in just a few hours instead, at 2am on Thursday morning. Is this right? It's set to record anyway.

They regularly do broadcast their new shows before at 2am, especially their original commissions and the HBO content on Atlantic.

It’s been done for some time now.

And it goes straight on NOW TV VOD afterwards as well.
VM
VMPhil
Not sure where to put this. I have a TiVo WishList set up for the new Karl Pilkington show on Sky One, 'Sick of It', which is supposed to be premiering tomorrow at 10pm. However it appears to be premiering in just a few hours instead, at 2am on Thursday morning. Is this right? It's set to record anyway.

They regularly do broadcast their new shows before at 2am, especially their original commissions and the HBO content on Atlantic.

It’s been done for some time now.

I understand doing it for American shows for same day showing but how odd to do it for your own shows.
DE
derek500
I believe it's for ratings. BARB don't report on demand/pushed content until after a linear broadcast. Consequently if a programme is available to watch before its linear showing it didn't get reported.

e.g. the first episode of A Discovery of Witches had a near 1m rating for its 2am showing, but only about half a million for its main 9pm slot.

Before Sky started the 2am showings all the non linear viewings wouldn't have been reported and only an artificially low rating would have been available.
ED
edmund
Almost one year since the current branding for Sky One launched, two new idents have recently been introduced - Dominoes and Autumn Leaves. It will be interesting to see if any more idents will be released in the future now that they have seasonal variants for Christmas, New Years, Summer, Autumn etc. Perhaps a Halloween ident might be added. Nice to see the package developed, I was not expecting it from when it launched with just the original two bland idents.

Coverage available on Presentation Archive here .

watchingtv, W1LL and paul_hadley gave kudos
FA
fanoftv
I don’t have Sky myself anymore so haven’t even seen the rollercoaster Ident, they have certainly developed and have quite a clever way of creating excitement from what is just the logo and a blue background.
CO
Conor98
Plus they have music on those new idents Smile

17 days later

WH
whoiam989
Sky Cinema Halloween: One Name, Many Different Tastes.

UK

Germany

Italy

JA
JAS84
I see Germany is still using the old logo. Why is Italy's logo all on one line? I would've thought they'd use the same idents as the UK.

8 days later

BR
Brekkie
Sky 2 has been bumped down the EPG, with E! taking its place.

https://www.a516digital.com/2018/10/e-moves-to-new-sky-channel-slot.html?m=1
LL
Larry the Loafer
Why oh why oh why is Sky 2 still a thing?
ZE
zeebre12
Why really close it when it's not loss making? It's just there, nothing special just more ad revenue
DB
dbl
Why oh why oh why is Sky 2 still a thing?

Presumably, for SOCI (Share of commercial impacts) - broadcasters like to use their smaller channels to help boost their overall share.

Why really close it when it's not loss making? It's just there, nothing special just more ad revenue

Newer posts