TV Home Forum

Blue Peter's 60th anniversary

Split from CBBC Channel (October 2018)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
IS
Inspector Sands
Another who lives abroad is Leila Williams. She's 81 so her attendance would probably depend on how she is
Last edited by Inspector Sands on 15 October 2018 7:34pm
KE
kernow
Tonight's One Show is celebrating Blue Peter's 60th birthday, with 4 former presenters (5 if you include Matt).
BU
buster
Another who lives abroad is Leila Williams. She's 81 so her attendance would probably depend on how she is

I think the press release confirmed her involvement - she was certainly at the photo shoot for the anniversary (there’s a video on the website somewhere that I found when looking at that presenter list posted a page or two back).
WH
Whataday Founding member
This is wonderful

DJ
DJ Dave
I had no idea that Romana D’annunzio was there for so long Longer than Richard Bacon who made more of an impact even before the incident that he's more well known for

I have a feeling she took a lot of time off though, so perhaps she wasn't on screen as much. My only real memory of her was when they did a big behind the scenes item at TVC and she got to ride the machine that takes the paint off the floor.

Yeah I only remember her starting and then we didn't see much of her after that. I think my main era was Katy, Connie, Stuart and Richard.
TI
tightrope78
Will Anita West appear? She only hosted 16 editions in 1962 and wasn’t even credited as an official presenter until 1998.
JA
james-2001
I can remember the Dennis The Menace episode which had him appering on Blue Peter withKaty Hill and Stuart Miles playing thesmelves, and they had a lot of attention around it at the time. It was still being repeated by the CBBC channel 10 years later, which must have confused the hell out of the kids watching then who wouldn't have been old enough to remember them presenting.
BU
buster
I can remember the Dennis The Menace episode which had him appering on Blue Peter withKaty Hill and Stuart Miles playing thesmelves, and they had a lot of attention around it at the time. It was still being repeated by the CBBC channel 10 years later, which must have confused the hell out of the kids watching then who wouldn't have been old enough to remember them presenting.

And unusually it used the 1992 version of the theme tune, despite the Yes/No people version being established for a few years by that point.
DE88, DJ Dave and John gave kudos
JO
Jonwo
Tonight's One Show is celebrating Blue Peter's 60th birthday, with 4 former presenters (5 if you include Matt).

It was nice to see Konnie, Matt and Simon reunited on the same show.
SW
Steve Williams
I don't see why they wouldnt, there's been a lot of water under the bridge since he was fired.

In addition, they've shown numerous clips of Richard Bacon since his departure, when they're relevant - when they were doing those Flies The World compilations in the early days of the CBBC Channel they showed plenty of his films from the expeditions (some of which were being shown for the first time because they'd not shown them before he left). They've happily featured him, and John Leslie, wherever relevant.

Compare this - and the way it was announced on air - with how other ostensibly adult programmes have dealt with the abrupt departure of presenters, The Big Breakfast being a classic example, where they simply disappeared one day and were never referred to again, no matter how ridiculous it looked.
WH
Whataday Founding member
Bacon was welcomed back into the fold by the 50th anniversary as he featured in the documentary. By that stage I think he was a fairly respected figure working back at the BBC.
WH
Whataday Founding member

No worries on that front!

DE88 and Inspector Sands gave kudos

Newer posts