« Topics
itsrobert6,394 posts since 23 Mar 2001
Granada North West Today
The Six is currently available on iPlayer. Unless I am very much mistaken, is there a relic from the 1999-2003 package to be heard right at the end of the coming up sequence? (See approx 12:50 in...)

Oh my goodness, you're right! That sounds like the end of the One promo sting / summary end sting from the 1999-2004 period. That literally hasn't been heard on TV in 14 years!!

Crazy how that is still lurking about - they must be using some seriously old kit for that to surface in 2018! The BBC were still using MiniDisc when that sting was still current.
oflahertya and bilky asko gave kudos
Critique3,192 posts since 9 Aug 2009
Anglia (East) Look East
The Six is currently available on iPlayer. Unless I am very much mistaken, is there a relic from the 1999-2003 package to be heard right at the end of the coming up sequence? (See approx 12:50 in...)

Oh my goodness, you're right! That sounds like the end of the One promo sting / summary end sting from the 1999-2004 period. That literally hasn't been heard on TV in 14 years!!

Crazy how that is still lurking about - they must be using some seriously old kit for that to surface in 2018! The BBC were still using MiniDisc when that sting was still current.

I *think* someone may have commented on Millbank using this out of date sting before on a fairly recent set of overnight bulletins that came from the Millbank studio, so this may have been commented on before yet still no-one has seen fit to fix it!

News at 6 also using the old (2008) headline bed for the first headline but then reverting to the current headline bed for the rest of the sequence?

EDIT: Not a very long loop on the side wall with the globe graphics on? During Mark Easton's studio interview it visibly looped back to the start 2 or 3 times.
623058: it just seems like your an mp3 whore
watchingtv gave kudos