The Newsroom

BBC World/BBC News - Technical Issues Again??

20th October 2018 (October 2018)

JW
JamesWorldNews STV Central World News
Beyond 100 Days on air and doing fine. Christian even doing a LIVE interview with a guest in Studio C. Wide shot working perfectly well.
@JamesWorldNews | #StayHomeSaveLives
RO
rob Founding member Meridian (Thames Valley) South Today

Opening wideshot

Oh that looks gorgeous.
TV Live / Podcasts
FO
FanOfTV99 Granada North West Today

Opening wideshot

I quite like the desk. The studio give me a mashup of 1999 and 2008 with 2013 slapped in for good measure.
Stay Safe.

You'll Never Walk Alone
WO
Worzel Anglia (West) Look East (West sub-opt)
rob posted:

Opening wideshot

Oh that looks gorgeous.

Still not a patch on E i'm afraid!
RK
Rkolsen World News
I really like the desk. Is that an LED Screen on the front. I wonder if a smaller one could be retrofitted in studios C & E.
Don’t let anyone treat you like you’re a VO/SOT when you’re a PKG.
SN
The SNT Three Anglia (East) Look East
The Six is currently available on iPlayer. Unless I am very much mistaken, is there a relic from the 1999-2003 package to be heard right at the end of the coming up sequence? (See approx 12:50 in...)
bilky asko, itsrobert and watchingtv gave kudos
IT
itsrobert Founding member Granada North West Today
The Six is currently available on iPlayer. Unless I am very much mistaken, is there a relic from the 1999-2003 package to be heard right at the end of the coming up sequence? (See approx 12:50 in...)

Oh my goodness, you're right! That sounds like the end of the One promo sting / summary end sting from the 1999-2004 period. That literally hasn't been heard on TV in 14 years!!

Crazy how that is still lurking about - they must be using some seriously old kit for that to surface in 2018! The BBC were still using MiniDisc when that sting was still current.
oflahertya and bilky asko gave kudos
CR
Critique Anglia (East) Look East

Oh my goodness, you're right! That sounds like the end of the One promo sting / summary end sting from the 1999-2004 period. That literally hasn't been heard on TV in 14 years!!

Crazy how that is still lurking about - they must be using some seriously old kit for that to surface in 2018! The BBC were still using MiniDisc when that sting was still current.

I *think* someone may have commented on Millbank using this out of date sting before on a fairly recent set of overnight bulletins that came from the Millbank studio, so this may have been commented on before yet still no-one has seen fit to fix it!

News at 6 also using the old (2008) headline bed for the first headline but then reverting to the current headline bed for the rest of the sequence?

EDIT: Not a very long loop on the side wall with the globe graphics on? During Mark Easton's studio interview it visibly looped back to the start 2 or 3 times.
623058: it just seems like your an mp3 whore
SP
Steve in Pudsey Yorkshire Look North (Yorkshire)
Was it not also the 2008 opening titles rather than the version of the current sequence used when presenting on location?

Write that down in your copybook now.
ittrgrey and watchingtv gave kudos
BF
BFGArmy Channel Channel Islands

Opening wideshot

That actually looks really impressive - particularly like the big, long desk (is it the usual Politics Live one?). It actually looks more authoritative than the usual look tbh.
RN
Rolling News Central (East) East Midlands Today
Was it not also the 2008 opening titles rather than the version of the current sequence used when presenting on location?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saEyrsc8IfY

No it was definitely the 2013 on location titles.
Stay alert. Control the virus. Save lives.
DV
DVB Cornwall West Country (West) Spotlight

That actually looks really impressive - particularly like the big, long desk (is it the usual Politics Live one?). It actually looks more authoritative than the usual look tbh.

Yep

Newer posts