« Topics
MetalGearRex1,528 posts since 11 May 2016
London London
I am sure something similar has been discussed before, but yesterday I saw yet another example of the "oneness" diatribe being replaced as it was inappropriate.

This is obviously from the previous package.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaKgLCLV5c0

Honestly, good on Network for actually showing a serious ident at this time.
But I wonder, if the Queen's death was announced, how would they introduce the running news bulletins? Would they use that same ident but in monochrome or would they use a BBC logo instead like they did with Diana's death back in 1997?

Someone mentioned of a BBC ident with a gold logo in front of a purple silk background, and other idents that are available to access on Sky. All labelled as ‘Event Safe’.

At one point they had the BBC video ident as obit presentation during the Balloon era until it was dropped a few years later, they never used it.
‘Kept you waiting, huh?’- Solid Snake
Conor98131 posts since 6 Aug 2018 Recently warned
Central (West) Midlands Today
I am sure something similar has been discussed before, but yesterday I saw yet another example of the "oneness" diatribe being replaced as it was inappropriate.

This is obviously from the previous package.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaKgLCLV5c0

But I wonder, if the Queen's death was announced, how would they introduce the running news bulletins? Would they use that same ident but in monochrome or would they use a BBC logo instead like they did with Diana's death back in 1997?

Someone mentioned of a BBC ident with a gold logo in front of a purple silk background, and other idents that are available to access on Sky. All labelled as ‘Event Safe’.

At one point they had the BBC video ident as obit presentation during the Balloon era until it was dropped a few years later, they never used it.

Purple and gold? Sounds similar to what ITV(1) had for the Golden Jubilee in 2002.
MetalGearRex1,528 posts since 11 May 2016
London London

Purple and gold? Sounds similar to what ITV(1) had for the Golden Jubilee in 2002.

I haven’t seen it for myself (I have Freeview), so I can’t relate with the example you’ve given for now.
‘Kept you waiting, huh?’- Solid Snake
JoshX gave kudos
Inspector Sands12,725 posts since 25 Aug 2004

It wasn't that they used the BBC Video ident, it was the generic BBC logo that was introduced in 1997, use whenever it wasn't a specific brand being referred to. Two other places it was seen was on flags outside BBC buildings and as the wallpaper image on the BBC desktop computers.

On screen it was known as the 'Family Symbol', family as in it was to be used on the family of channels. There was a clock to

It wasn't used as it wasn't needed, unlike its predessesor which was seen in the night Diana died. I expect the modern day version is that wavy looped logo seen occasionally
MetalGearRex gave kudos