« Topics
The SNT Three822 posts since 17 Sep 2005
Anglia (East) Look East
They aired a temporary 'Good Afternoon America' hour one summer, a few years back. I think it aired at 2pm and was presented by the news anchor and lifestyle anchor of the morning show.

Quote:
The new hour is expected to be taped, not presented live, according to a person familiar with the matter. One current scenario being sketched out for the new program would involve making use of the live, in-studio audience assembled each morning for the original program’s second hour.

”GMA” enjoyed an afternoon presence in the not-too-distant past. Josh Elliott and Lara Spencer co-anchored a short run of “Good Afternoon America” between July and September of 2012. ABC said anchors for the program and a special title would be announced in months to come.

http://variety.com/2018/tv/news/good-morning-america-abc-third-hour-1202820003
Last edited by The SNT Three on 23 May 2018 9:45pm
Rkolsen2,288 posts since 20 Jan 2014
BBC World
Just wondering, where does Brian Williams present his breaking news and 11th hour from

Depends on the time. Breaking News comes from their fourth floor newsroom studio (with bricks) 4E and a glass wall into the newsroom or a insert studio (DTL in BBC terms) playing out a backdrop of the newsroom. A key to tell if he’s coming from an insert studio you can tell because the peacocks on the glass looking into the newsroom don’t have news on them.

For his 11th Hour show he presents from their original studio in 30 Rock 3A. It’s the one with all the monitor walls. He and Rachel Maddow are the only ones to come from there during primetime. For some reason even though the newsrooms never shown during the shows they put up a giant black curtain separating the studio portion from the newsroom.
Don’t let anyone treat you like your a VO/SOT when your a PKG.
BBC World
Just wondering, where does Brian Williams present his breaking news and 11th hour from

EDIT:
Watching 11th hour I know that it's from 3A. Can anyone say about the studio Brian uses for breaking news?

Also if you want to listen to the shows or maybe view them they have been pushing the podcasts of the show. They go live a little bit after the show. I’m not sure if they are geoblocked. Or you maybe able to listen through the NBC News app.
BBC World
Here's a little compilation I did of the various opens and presentation style of ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC and MSNBC from the US - NK summit.

WW Update and Justin gave kudos
JK081,345 posts since 20 Feb 2011
Granada North West Today
ABC has announced the details for a new third hour of Good Morning America, which will air at lunchtime. Current GMA host Michael Strahan and host of The View Sara Haines will host the horribly named 'GMA Day' come September.

Quote:
Michael Strahan and Sara Haines to co-host 'GMA Day'
Michael Strahan and Sara Haines are teaming up as co-hosts of “GMA Day,” the new third hour of “Good Morning America” debuting this fall.

"GMA Day" premieres Monday, Sept. 10 at 1 p.m. EDT / 12 p.m. central and Pacific on ABC.

https://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Culture/michael-strahan-sara-haines-host-gma-day/story?id=56753495
Mouseboy332,414 posts since 10 Feb 2014
That GMA logo is hideous. There is so much wrong with that, I have nowhere to begin. There certainly was a better way to handle that. I suspect they were trying to incorporate a smile. Not sure why though. Not a big fan of GMA. Bit too cheesy for me.
Last edited by Mouseboy33 on 26 July 2018 12:51pm
I said what I said!
radiolistener575 posts since 8 Aug 2010
That GMA logo is hideous. There is so much wrong with that, I have know where to begin. There certainly was a better way to handle that. I suspect they were trying to incorporate a smile. Not sure why those. Not a big fan of GMA. Bit too cheesy for me.

Million times better than Fix and Friends though.
Mouseboy33 and BBI45 gave kudos
The SNT Three822 posts since 17 Sep 2005
Anglia (East) Look East
CBS This Morning has added fill-in anchor and correspondent Bianna Golodryga as a fourth anchor alongside John Dickerson, Norah O'Donnell and Gayle King. A surprising move as CTM had traditionally shied away from the 'zoo' format favoured by ABC and NBC.

CBS This Morning's ratings have dropped this year since Charlie Rose was fired and replaced by John. Although it remained in third place, CTM had consistently improved its ratings share over the competition since 2012. I wonder whether this is a way of settling Bianna onto the broadcast before another move (John back to weekends, or Norah to the (also) struggling evening news - all speculation). A more practical consideration: the round desk with three 'wings' was perfect for three presenters but looks cramped with four!