The Gallery

BBC Sport-styled rebrand

Bringing the BBC's branding into 2018 and beyond... (September 2018)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BK
bkman1990
Very nice work OP. Not bad work at all. The logos in the BBC Sport style look better than expected with these designs in mind.

The BBC Four Endboard looks excellent with the Reith font. Although you should think of a better background for BBC Two's ident.

3/5 with more room for improvement.
JT
JamesTV
Really liking the look of these logos, they're all share a consistent core design which works very well. I agree with most of the feedback above - a few small tweaks/developments are needed, but you've definitely made a great start and I'll be looking forward to see things develop. 4/5 🙂
bkman1990 and lukeshep gave kudos

13 days later

LU
lukeshep
Ok, I haven't had a lot of time to do work on this project recently because of my exams, but I've made some news titles/graphics.

New BBC Countdown.
I decided to go for a new approach, and use a clock instead of countdown numbers.

The countdown could also use a coming up menu.

As for the titles, all news programmes except the News at 1,6 and 10 would use a same format.
BBC Breakfast:

Regional programmes:

I have also created the new BBC Two idents. The box can change colour, adapting to its surroundings, like ITV.
Last edited by lukeshep on 29 September 2018 3:02pm
BK
bkman1990
I like what you did with the BBC News & BBC Two mock up's. They are beginning to see great progress in play. Keep it up.
DW
DavidWhitfield
Oh, Luke, I adore the way you've done the BBC Two ident. Taking inspiration from ITV with their colour picking idents to some extent but nothing wrong with that. Lovely stuff.
Last edited by DavidWhitfield on 29 September 2018 6:13pm
LU
lukeshep
I've made some new idents.

BBC One: back to the mirror globe concept.

I've already created a BBC Two ident, but here's another to demonstrate the 'colour picking' concept:

As for BBC Four, I had the idea that the logo could be placed into everyday situations, for instance, an art gallery, or a shop window.

ECP idea:
DE
deryn
what about cbbc and ceebies
CY
cylon6
Beautiful!!!
bkman1990 and lukeshep gave kudos
DB
dbl

ECP idea:

Not bad, but....how would it look if a promo was placed in the graphic, what about 3 item cross promotion menu? It appears wonky as well and the text seems a bit large, remember to try and cater for shows with long names.
Last edited by dbl on 1 October 2018 7:28pm - 2 times in total
TG
Tim Goodwin1

I've already created a BBC Two ident, but here's another to demonstrate the 'colour picking' concept:

As for BBC Four, I had the idea that the logo could be placed into everyday situations, for instance, an art gallery, or a shop window.

ECP idea:

With the BBC one idents, I would focus less on the globe as a whole in one ident and just have various idents as part of a package with each one showing a different part of the world.
CO
Conor98

ECP idea:

With the BBC one idents, I would focus less on the globe as a whole in one ident and just have various idents as part of a package with each one showing a different part of the world.

Oh yeah, that may be a simple idea but it'll work.
JA
JAS84
Yeah, that rotating globe was ditched for a reason. Would probably be fine for a news ident, but they need something more diverse for use before entertainment programming.

Newer posts