TV Home Forum

CBBC revive Saturday morning magazine show format

The return of Saturday morning telly - well almost (May 2017)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
FA
fanoftv
A bit of a refresh with the titles that go straight into a menu and a few new features so far asking for letters (old school, but I like it) and a new game in musical toilets. I maybe a long way out of the demographic, but good Saturday morning entertainment is a good thing at any age.

Start of the Show:

The pre titles bit remind me of the start of TMi Series 2.
Last edited by fanoftv on 29 September 2018 10:59am - 2 times in total
DB
dbl
Seems they've also tightened up the links into the actual programmes, they're much more seamless rather than an awkward hold.
FA
fanoftv
The show flowed a lot better (IMO) than last series with more features helping to quicken the pace.
DM
DeMarkay
I absolutely love the theme tune!
FA
fanoftv
It is, the whole branding of the programme is very good. I’m liking the detail within the new menu how the captions animate with the ‘ooh, ooh, ooh’ in the backing music, very well thought out. Some of the graphics in the show - such as ‘competition time’ (could do with a catchy gimmick imo) are still flat and plain compared to the new ones introduced.
GO
gordonthegopher
Only just caught up with Saturday Mash-Up from this morning. It was very good, Jonny and Yasmin are far more confident with the show, the children in the studio also seemed to be excited to be there. The toilet game was fun as was Question Slime at the end which was better due it having a format rather than buckets of gunge being thrown for no reason while reading out a random list. Although just slightly different than last year, the theme tune is excellent and for course last but not least Hacker T Dog probably the most experienced children's television presenter for the past 10 years. Overall it was really very good indeed and the walk into the studio, seeing the studio crew was all small excellent things that makes a show like this. Was it ever confirmed that there would be more episodes this year? Did I hear someone say 20?
SL
Slocker
They said on Instagram that it’s on air till February.
:-(
A former member
Sounds like it could be 20 then, which is a good sign. Maybe next year it will be 30 weeks Very Happy

98 days later

WA
watchingtv
Not sure about today, but next Saturday sees the return of CBBC on BBC Two from 6.45am - 9am
JA
james-2001
Don't they usually do this early every year, just to fill some sort of quota?
FA
fanoftv
It was like that before Christmas too, though showed different programmes to the channel and no mash up.

Mash up is going from Strength to strength imo. The longer run is much deserved, despite what I’m sure is a tiny budget to the BBC One Saturday morning shows of old it manages to produce a similar energy with popular features and plenty of interactivity for young viewers along with entertainment, innuendo and cheeky lines for parents and other older viewers. Plus there was the welcome return of dangermouse this morning too.

Newer posts