TV Home Forum

E4, More4, Film4 and 4Music Rebrand:

Rebrand on 27th September 2018. P5 for pres details. (September 2018)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
PA
PATV Scunthorpe
_Tom_ posted:
I wouldn’t want to see it shut down, a rename would probably be better. I watch it all the time for King of The Hill. It’s different to E4 as it’s more like a mix of E! and MTV. It’s fine as a channel.

I don’t think a rename is that necessary. Yes, there is now more entertainment than music, but the way I see it is that all original content is music programming, whether it be just creating playlists or the weekly UKHotlist/Spotify and U.K. Music Video charts, making shows like Fresh Focus and Fresh Forward, which highlight new music acts and gives live performances, or Trending Live which, while it doesn’t contain music videos fully, is music-centred and hosts interviews with many artists. Even though it has a 4 name, it is part of a music network at the end of the day.
KU
Kunst
It's hardly a new logo - it's a 2D variant of the one used in the idents.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bYB9V0s5lk

True, but the pool one needs a little tweak, as the logo is the 3D one
AL
AaronLancs
Would this not have been the time to rename 4 Music? As they themselves have repositioned it as a more entertainment channel

I would've preferred to see it shut down. It's not offering anything in its current state that another channel isn't, especially as it has the chance to be the only (I think) FTA mainstream music channel.

Also wouldn't Bauer Media have something to say if it were to be shut down or rebranded.
CO
Conor98
Kunst posted:
It's hardly a new logo - it's a 2D variant of the one used in the idents.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bYB9V0s5lk

True, but the pool one needs a little tweak, as the logo is the 3D one

Yeah, it has traces of Channel 4's 2004 look left.
JO
Jonwo
It's interesting with More4, they've gone back to using green which was the original logo colour. Makes it stand out with E4's purple, Film4's red and 4Music's pink
BR
Brekkie
Isn't really used on screen though. Would hope this is a short term fudge for More4 and they'll get something new soon.
OR
orange
_Tom_ posted:
I wouldn’t want to see it shut down, a rename would probably be better. I watch it all the time for King of The Hill. It’s different to E4 as it’s more like a mix of E! and MTV. It’s fine as a channel.

I don’t think a rename is that necessary. Yes, there is now more entertainment than music, but the way I see it is that all original content is music programming, whether it be just creating playlists or the weekly UKHotlist/Spotify and U.K. Music Video charts, making shows like Fresh Focus and Fresh Forward, which highlight new music acts and gives live performances, or Trending Live which, while it doesn’t contain music videos fully, is music-centred and hosts interviews with many artists. Even though it has a 4 name, it is part of a music network at the end of the day.

I don’t mean an extreme overhaul I mean keep the soul of the channel but call it something like 4M. Just something that sounds nicer.
CO
Conor98
Sounds like a great name.
It would balance out the music or entertainment problem they have
MR
mr_vivian
4music is a good name for music on Channel 4. I don't think there's a point in renaming it. There's a lot of music channels showing entertainment now. I suspect the rise of YouTube has had an effect.
SP
Spencer
Currently watching C4 HD. Is it my imagination or is the 4 part of the DOG brighter than it was?
PF
PFML84
It is. They have also changed the quirky HD tag to the bog standard one all the channels are using. The DOGs on all the spin-offs are in different locations too, not properly aligned, like the Channel 5 family have. ITV's used to be aligned identically but now they're all in different positions too.
DB
dbl
Currently watching C4 HD. Is it my imagination or is the 4 part of the DOG brighter than it was?

It is yep, especially on Channel 4 itself, which looks like 90% opacity.

Newer posts