TV Home Forum

BBC Two 2018 Revamp

New ident ‘Discovery’ - p89 (September 2018)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
FA
fanoftv
dbl posted:
They haven't got round to changing the ECP then. Not even the font. Surely not that hard.

I believe it's more a network thing, the design needs an overhaul, looks quite MS Paint.

I agree with that, it seems half hearted and lacking design. When you think that this https://youtu.be/CBr2qKmwyhs came before with it’s lovely animations they do need to rethink the style. I’d hope that they drop the real for the channel as it doesn’t fit at all, there shouldn’t be an assigned colour, but amoungst the BBC they feel like they must to differentiate it.
RE
Rex
Having finally seen all of them...it's one of the best presentation packages we've seen in quite a while, on its own merits. Easily surpasses the Personality and Windows sets and is up there with the now-retired 90s idents. Even some aspects of the idents feel like modern, spiritual successors to their 90s counterparts.

It's dynamic, visually vibrant, and flows really well too with the surrounding presentation, standing out from the rest. Soundtrack is also excellent too. Just the shot that the channel really needed after nine years of stagnation from a presentation perspective, and a turnaround at that too.

And now that BBC Two has finally been revamped, it does leave BBC One sticking out sorely with its Oneness set, which won't change for a while. But the difference between both channels visually is staggering and obvious - BBC One is now in a position from a presentation standpoint, much like Two once was, where it really needs a visual overhaul, and BBC Two just turned around from having messy presentation to being one of the best of the best in the field.
Last edited by Rex on 28 September 2018 12:38am - 2 times in total
VM
VMPhil
I'm sure someone somewhere is already rustling up a version of this with the 1997 logo.

Did someone say quick and dirty mock?

RE
Revitt
Should now be renamed BBC Poo!
LL
Larry the Loafer

...why?
RE
Revitt

...why?

Well...because the idents are, well, pure crap
JO
Jon

...why?

But no one agrees with you.
JJ
Juicy Joe Founding member

...why?

Please could you care to expand on why you believe these unique, quirky, innovative idents are pure crap? Could you please give examples of other current channel idents and promo endboards you feel surpass this new BBC2 set and why. Cos I think they're bloody brilliant! Very Happy
RE
Rex

...why?

The majority disagree.
RE
Revitt

...why?

The majority disagree.

Easily pleased then.
TI
TIGHazard
How long until we see the breakdown slide? Place your bets now!

UK Snooker Championship.

The NFL London game in two weeks is my bet.

Fox will split screen an ad during play and they'll either try and cover it up by switching to the studio or someone in presentation will display the breakdown slide to do the same.

And yes I'm aware this is CBS, not Fox, but this is what it looks like.

RE
Revitt

Bullsh**!
Your opinions won't be approved as we approve of the new idents and not you, you idiot!

Can't tell if serious

Newer posts