TV Home Forum

BBC Two 2018 Revamp

New ident ‘Discovery’ - p89 (September 2018)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
WH
Whataday Founding member
They haven't got round to changing the ECP then. Not even the font. Surely not that hard.
RD
RDJ
Weather sting on BBC Two NI. It animated just the same as the ident and with the same soundtrack.

Guessing this could be what the breakdown slide could be. Just the looping ident and the ident soundtrack.
Ittr and JosiahStuart gave kudos
DB
dbl
They haven't got round to changing the ECP then. Not even the font. Surely not that hard.

I believe it's more a network thing, the design needs an overhaul, looks quite MS Paint.
AG
AxG
The logo-less versions don't half make good desktop backgrounds. Very Happy
TO
tomo359
AxG posted:

Do you have any links to any high quality versions? The only logo-less versions I can find are quite small, too small for desktop
AG
AxG
AxG posted:

Do you have any links to any high quality versions? The only logo-less versions I can find are quite small, too small for desktop

Martin posted three on the second page: https://www.tvforum.co.uk/forums/post1133277#post-1133277
TO
tomo359
AxG posted:
AxG posted:

Martin posted three on the second page: https://www.tvforum.co.uk/forums/post1133277#post-1133277

Aah thank you, sorry don't know how I missed those
IS
Isonstine Founding member
Wow! A real high quality rebrand that looks and sounds great. (Yes, this really is the first I've known and seen!)

BBC2 is looking good again. I love the flow of the promotions. Finally, after so long, the promos match the idents and it works.

I genuinely think this is one of the most exciting and well executed rebrands for many years on any channel.

BBC1 can't go on now with the guff it's peddling out at the moment, surely!?
ET
ethanh05
Wow! A real high quality rebrand that looks and sounds great. (Yes, this really is the first I've known and seen!)

BBC2 is looking good again. I love the flow of the promotions. Finally, after so long, the promos match the idents and it works.

I genuinely think this is one of the most exciting and well executed rebrands for many years on any channel.

BBC1 can't go on now with the guff it's peddling out at the moment, surely!?

It can't and will.
DE
deejay
What a fantastic rebrand. Long overdue, but it's made an incredible mark already. Top work for the director on duty for last night's great montage send off, and what a great new look the channel now has at very long last.
CA
Cavan
I have created a playlist containing all of the idents used on BBC TWO NI yesterday, except for one short airing of Wave Day at around 9.55pm.
cylon6, DE88 and jonO gave kudos
DV
DVB Cornwall
The unique element of this is the melding of trailers and idents together, the whole channel just flows now, perhaps for the first time I can recall on a mainstream service. Bonkers concept in theory but it works.

Newer posts