TV Home Forum

BT Sport - Launch of BT Sport Ultimate

Dolby Atmos to be introduced 28-Nov-2020 (June 2015)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
MY
MY83
So over the term "box office" being used for PPV. How boring.
RD
rdd Founding member
Possibly better than the term “pay per view” being used for pay television in general.
GE
thegeek Founding member
MotoGP from Silverstone has been something of a washout today - after about four hours of filling, they've replayed yesterday's British Talent Cup race in full, and are now re-showing Friday evening's In Case You Missed It , which was broadcast from the nearby Woodlands campsite.

The caption on the world feed says that the race may go ahead at 4pm, but I seriously doubt it.
DE
DE88
If it means more airtime for Suzi, that's a Good Thing. Wink

(She certainly can't be accused of being in this business just for her looks...)
BC
Blake Connolly Founding member
MotoGP from Silverstone has been something of a washout today - after about four hours of filling, they've replayed yesterday's British Talent Cup race in full, and are now re-showing Friday evening's In Case You Missed It , which was broadcast from the nearby Woodlands campsite.

The caption on the world feed says that the race may go ahead at 4pm, but I seriously doubt it.

The MotoGP team are some of the best at filling, they've just brought BT's speedway presenter Natalie Quirk in for a chat, she was just there as a spectator.

Looks increasingly like there won't be any racing today despite the rain stopping...

EDIT: Yep, the GP's cancelled.
GE
thegeek Founding member
And it's off. Shame to happen, but it's the sign of a good team if they can fill for quite so long at the drop of a hat!
DV
DVB Cornwall
BT Sport Box Office EPG slot launched today, bizarrely on 494 between the Children's channels and the Sky Movies ones.

18 days later

BR
Brekkie
Not a fan of the new Champions League graphics. Look like something from the mocks gallery where the poster hasn't got the greatest range of fonts.
DV
DVB Cornwall
So the PPV lifetime for Canelo GGG 2 is over ....

I don't usually follow Boxing. Is it usual for such contests to get a conventional pay tv outing in the timeframe this fight has had (1 week)? I've always thought PPV fights remained behind the single purchase paywall for considerably longer if they're not blocked from showing outside permanently.
UK
UKnews
I don't usually follow Boxing. Is it usual for such contests to get a conventional pay tv outing in the timeframe this fight has had (1 week)? I've always thought PPV fights remained behind the single purchase paywall for considerably longer if they're not blocked from showing outside permanently.

Not a huge boxing fan but it’s I think it’s fairly usual. In the past Sky Sports had a boxing magazine show on a Thursday evening and a PPV fight would have been shown (in full) as part of that or some kind of ‘special’. Now I think it tends to be a couple of days longer, probably the following Saturday. I’ve a feeling they get added to the schedules after the last PPV repeat on the Sunday afternoon / evening. I don’t think Sky tends to promote the showings as much as BT Sport have.

Back in 2002 the Lennox Lewis v Mike Tyson fight got a showing on BBC 1 (as a build up to England v Denmark in the World Cup) a week after it had been live on Sky Sports Box Office. A BBC showing of a PPV fight - that featured a British fighter - a week or so later happened a few times in the years that followed, but hasn’t for some time now. Even more unusually the BBC - somehow - ended up showing a Lennox Lewis fight live (in the middle of the night, not showing the undercard) in 2001, that was when they’d lost ‘Match of the Day’ and were buying anything they could get.
SW
Steve Williams
Back in 2002 the Lennox Lewis v Mike Tyson fight got a showing on BBC 1 (as a build up to England v Denmark in the World Cup) a week after it had been live on Sky Sports Box Office. A BBC showing of a PPV fight - that featured a British fighter - a week or so later happened a few times in the years that followed, but hasn’t for some time now. Even more unusually the BBC - somehow - ended up showing a Lennox Lewis fight live (in the middle of the night, not showing the undercard) in 2001, that was when they’d lost ‘Match of the Day’ and were buying anything they could get.

That was really big news at the time, that Lennox Lewis fight - it was a big symbolic purchase to say the Beeb were still major players in sport, and got on the cover of the Radio Times and everything. Though as you say, it was at 4am and they couldn't show anything from the undercard, though they did also do a rerun at 7pm.

That Lewis Tyson rerun in 2002 was interesting, it was completely unbilled in the Radio Times and it was announced a few days before as a "Lennox Lewis Special", and I remember Gary Lineker promoting it during the World Cup coverage and promising "a surprise". The "surprise" being a full rerun of the fight, which presumably they weren't allowed to promote any earlier.

11 days later

DV
dvboy
Any reason why the Europa League matches are available on the BT Sport app but not on the red button BT Sport Extra channels tonight?

Newer posts