TV Home Forum

Doctor Who (2018 onwards)

Split from Doctor Who (2015) (February 2018)

BW
BroadcastWales
A new promo image.

Love the detail in this stunning poster. Those amber “crystals” at the bottom seemingly resemble the tip of the sonic screwdriver.

I agree. I think some of the features in this poster are referencing to some of the settings in the series. The sandy desert and forest both remind me of locations they were using in filming.

Yes I think you're right. I Have to say as well as looking forward to seeing how the show has visually changed and seeing the new actors in character. I look forward to hearing Segun Akinola’s musical compositions for the series, which will be interesting as this will be the first series to not have music composed by Murray Gold.
Last edited by BroadcastWales on 19 September 2018 3:28pm
BW
BroadcastWales
Interesting News:
According to Showrunner Chris Chibnall:-
Quote:
“There’s a new opening title sequence too, and a new arrangement of the opening theme...
You’ll have to wait until episode two to see those in situ, though. Episode one starts slightly differently.”

http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/series-11s-new-intro-theme-wont-be-seen-in-situ-until-episode-2-88124.htm
DA
davidhorman Channel Channel Islands
Well that's going to be weird. What are we going to hear at the end of episode one, if not the feem toon?
ST
Stuart West Country (West) Spotlight
Well that's going to be weird. What are we going to hear at the end of episode one, if not the feem toon?

My interpretation of what has been said is that we just won't see the title sequence until episode 2, but will get the theme music at least at the end of the first episode.
JA
JAS84 Yorkshire Look North (E.Yorks & Lincs)
Yeah, sounds like it'll just end with the logo, episode title, writer credit, then the end credits, with the full title sequence debuting in episode 2.
CW
Charlie Wells Moderator Anglia (West) Look East (West sub-opt)
JAS84 posted:
Yeah, sounds like it'll just end with the logo, episode title, writer credit, then the end credits, with the full title sequence debuting in episode 2.

If I recall correctly an episode in one of the recent series has also done this, and not used the normal title sequence.
"Listen, we've all got something to bring to this conversation, but from now on what I think you should bring is silence." - Rimmer
JA
Yeah, series 9's Sleep No More. The episode title and writer credit appeared at the start of the closing credits.

https://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Sleep_No_More_(TV_story)
AW
Andrew Wood Founding member Central (West) Midlands Today
JAS84 posted:
Yeah, series 9's Sleep No More. The episode title and writer credit appeared at the start of the closing credits.

https://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Sleep_No_More_(TV_story)

Didn't the words Doctor and Who appear in the grid of letters shown at the beginning of the episode? I'll have to re-watch it!
JA
Yeah, there's a screengrab of that on the page I linked to.
WH
Whataday Founding member Wales Wales Today
New trailer

ST
Stuart West Country (West) Spotlight
I've just seen that trailer, in all its glory just before Masterchef. It looks fab. Very Happy
TI
TIGHazard Tyne Tees Look North (North East)
I've just seen that trailer, in all its glory just before Masterchef. It looks fab. Very Happy

Online reactions like it too, except they don't think the music fits.

Newer posts