Media Websites

TV ARK: Returns Jan 2020

At LAST! (March 2017)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
LL
Larry the Loafer
Straight from their Facebook page, looks like a winter launch is coming (though they did once say the site would be back in 2017... just sayin') as well as a podcast and "teletext service".

Quote:
Good news is we’re nearing completion of the new TVARK. At the last count the new site has 4,144 pages and 55,343 videos. We’ve replaced 12,290 videos with higher quality versions! which shows you we’ve been busy editing. The whole team have been busy tagging our content with information and the videos and the talent involved, which means you’ll be able to easily search clips and discover more about the talent behind and in front of the cameras.

Lots of other new features to come including: TVARK’s exclusive podcasts, fascinating insights from well known personalities into the world of TV. And introducing myTVARK, our brand new new fan club - a place for you to bookmark videos, comment on clips and even build your own TVARK page! and get ready for SPARK our very own retro teletext service!

Please continue to be patient with us as we continue to rebuild TVARK in our spare time, remember we all work full time and have busy family lives. We’ll be back this Winter.
DO
dominicmgm
This has made me explode with excitement.
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member

Oh is that what that loud noise was?
Explains why there's a big red puddle on the floor in the canteen. Wink
BBI45 and dominicmgm gave kudos
LL
Larry the Loafer
I'm wondering about the claim currently on their website about all videos now being 50fps, which is by far the one thing I'm most excited about.

But if 12,290 videos have been recaptured, surely that can't mean over 40,000 videos are either new or were already in good enough quality?
IS
Inspector Sands
As they would have been broadcast at 25fps does that mean they're all double speed? Confused Laughing
:-(
A former member
The the other tweet that was sent, made it clear it would be on going process. Ie there going to covert or recapture clips while adding new content.
Last edited by A former member on 15 September 2018 12:27pm - 2 times in total
DB
dbl
As they would have been broadcast at 25fps does that mean they're all double speed? Confused Laughing

A move designed to enhance efficiency on bandwidth Laughing
MA
markmcm@tvark
But if 12,290 videos have been recaptured, surely that can't mean over 40,000 videos are either new or were already in good enough quality?

We will continue to replace LQ clips with HQ copies moving forward. It's a time-consuming process, but you won't be disappointed. Our HQ clips look amazing!

Smile Erm, no!
LL
Larry the Loafer
Glad to hear it! Thanks Mark Very Happy
DO
dominicmgm

Oh is that what that loud noise was?
Explains why there's a big red puddle on the floor in the canteen. Wink

Haha, hilarious.

Also, that Teletext emulator looks promising, and the whole thing is gonna be a Christmas miracle (or an early Christmas present, either way it's the best present you'll get this year) when it comes back.
IS
Inspector Sands
Which Christmas though? Very Happy
MA
markmcm@tvark

Also, that Teletext emulator looks promising

That's SPARK - TVARK's very own teletext service Smile What would you like to see featured on SPARK? Ideas please!

Newer posts