TV Home Forum

BBC Alba

Changes: 17th September 2018 ( 10th birthday on 19th) (September 2018)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
:-(
A former member
A: New idents
B: new strands
C: it would seem this all started on Monday going by the tweets. ( I know about it yesterday but was busy)

It would seems since monday BBC Alba now has a proper Cbbc service with Invision and Stings even sing in a Galice voice, ( it would seem there is also Ceebies verizon)

Promo endbroad:

Ident:

CBBC spot the Alba...

CBeebies:

Last edited by A former member on 19 September 2018 7:58pm - 3 times in total
AG
AxG
Is that a slight tweak to the logo, now using Reith? DOG looks like the original though.
BB
BBI45
Are there any changes to An La?

Also, it's CBeebies. Not Ceebies.
A former member
No it would seem not.
IS
Inspector Sands
BBI45 posted:

Also, it's CBeebies. Not Ceebies.

It's Gaelic, not Galice too..... But if everyone corrected his spellings we'd be here all day!

The CBeebies and CBBC things are interesting, are they in Scotland or are they sending Gaelic speaking presenters down to Salford to record batches of links?
A former member
It does seem the sets are in Glasgow. I'm not impressed with the Idents,
DB
dbl
Interesting. Never thought they would have the budget to duplicate CBBC/CBeebies for their own version.
PF
PFML84
That Alba logo and on screen text has been updated for Reith. Slowly but surely the changes are coming.

Would it not be more cost effective to get the presenters down to film links on CBeebies downtime instead of building identical sets in Scotland for a relatively minor audience?

Also, when is that Alba DOG going to be moved out of the 4:3 safe zone? They have widescreen TV's in Scotland I'm sure!
A former member
I wonder if this the kids Studios are in Dumbarton?

The reason for. 4:3 is because the amount of archive programmes.. Like speaking our languages etc
JO
Joe
Would it not be more cost effective to get the presenters down to film links on CBeebies downtime instead of building identical sets in Scotland for a relatively minor audience?

Why would a small one-off cost be cheaper than a regular cost?
JO
Josh
That Alba logo and on screen text has been updated for Reith. Slowly but surely the changes are coming.

Also, when is that Alba DOG going to be moved out of the 4:3 safe zone? They have widescreen TV's in Scotland I'm sure!

It would be aesthetically better if they used Salford's studios. The graphics and studios look budget as it is.

They'd probably have to prerecord links though.
GO
gottago
Joe posted:

Why would a small one-off cost be cheaper than a regular cost?

Building and maintaining a set isn’t going to be a small one off cost.

Newer posts