« Topics
BBI45782 posts since 2 Aug 2015
Central (East) East Midlands Today
I really don’t like that new over-the-shoulder graphic. Takes up too much space and covers the left-hand screen with I think acts as a great background.

I can't help but think they made this after Piers' problem with him reaching for his drink constantly in shot.
I don't mind the graphic personally, but I think the there needs to be a wider shot of Charlotte - it's too close up.

I think that is the smallest problem they have with Piers.
Putting the butt into butter
all new Phil3,096 posts since 12 Feb 2005
Granada North West Today
I really don’t like that new over-the-shoulder graphic. Takes up too much space and covers the left-hand screen with I think acts as a great background.

I can't help but think they made this after Piers' problem with him reaching for his drink constantly in shot.
I don't mind the graphic personally, but I think the there needs to be a wider shot of Charlotte - it's too close up.

I think that is the smallest problem they have with Piers.

Why - what other problems do they have?
I love lamp
BBI45, dosxuk and 2 others
  • Newsroom24
  • London Lite
gave kudos
JamesTV289 posts since 4 Mar 2015
Westcountry Spotlight
Rarely watch GMB these days but from seeing clips on YouTube recently, I can't believe how often the presenters or guests are cut off mid sentence at the end of the programme. Not a major issue I know, as it's at the end of the show, but this sort of thing happens at the end of pretty much every episode of GMB now.
watchingtv gave kudos
CraigWills81 posts since 2 Aug 2017
Tyne Tees Look North (North East)
If they are both live, surely they don’t need to literally cut them off mid sentance. I’m sure Lorraine could make up 20 seconds before 9:25

They have to hit an ad break just after they cut to Lorraine (who only trails what's coming up).

That’s odd because the rest of the programme regularly runs late or behind so it’s odd they’re so concerned on hitting Lorraine and that ad break bang on.
noggin14,218 posts since 26 Jun 2001
How does that handover work? Are both studios fed to Chiswick on separate circuits and they cut at the agreed time, or is there some kind of switch at TV Centre?

Certainly sounds like it's not a soft opt situation where TC3 cuts up TC2.

I would expect that TC2 and TC3 are routed separately to ITV's playout areas.

It would, of course, be possible for TC3 to cut to TC2 (with ITV playout staying on TC3's circuits) for the handover until the first commercial break (to keep it tight and allow a bit more of a finessed sound junction), and then ITV could switch to TC2's circuits direct after the first break. Whichever way round it is - I'd expect the cut to be on a hard count not a 'whenever the person has finished talking' junction.
Steve in Pudsey gave kudos
Rkolsen2,608 posts since 20 Jan 2014
BBC World
If they are both live, surely they don’t need to literally cut them off mid sentance. I’m sure Lorraine could make up 20 seconds before 9:25

They have to hit an ad break just after they cut to Lorraine (who only trails what's coming up).

That’s odd because the rest of the programme regularly runs late or behind so it’s odd they’re so concerned on hitting Lorraine and that ad break bang on.

Why is 9:25 a hard break? It’s the end of the “breakfast franchise” but what really changes? It’s still the greater whole ITV producing and playing out the shows. Is there sometype or franchise obligation?
Don’t let anyone treat you like you’re a VO/SOT when you’re a PKG.