« Topics
Whataday10,053 posts since 13 Sep 2001
HTV Wales Wales Today
If GMB didn't have that idiot Morgan screwing up the show every morning, perhaps they might be able to build a show that could challenge Breakfast, but with him, they got a cheap pop in the ratings and a lot of cheap heat on social media that undoes any good work they do.

Increased ratings and press coverage. Yes, such a poor decision.

Still barely getting half what Breakfast does..

Irrelevant. In terms of business, GMB is delivering for ITV. Yes it lags behind Breakfast but Breakfast can't sell advertising.
Square Eyes gave kudos
TROGGLES1,151 posts since 3 Sep 2005
London London
Increased ratings and press coverage. Yes, such a poor decision.

Irrelevant. In terms of business, GMB is delivering for ITV. Yes it lags behind Breakfast but Breakfast can't sell advertising.

I agree that it delivers viewers for the advertisers however the cost of Good Morning Britain is astronomical. ITV seems to think that there is a business case for the programme based on overall morning viewing. They are taking the commercial radio approach, hook them with breakfast and many will stay for the rest of the day.
..."at the first sign of danger my pussy's hairs stand on end" Betty Slocombe 27/05/1975
Gary McEwan3,409 posts since 23 May 2011
STV Central Reporting Scotland
I think someone had posted previously that the only watch the first 20 minutes on Catch Up. I'm the exact same in the mornings, it's the first 20 minutes that grab my attention the most to see what Piers is filling to rant about.

Unfortunately, Breakfast doesn't grab my attention at all and if that makes me have the attention span of a child then so be it.
watchingtv gave kudos
noggin14,455 posts since 26 Jun 2001
Yep - and don't GMB, Lorraine, This Morning etc. deliver the right audience type for advertisers (and the incessant competitions must surely be significantly subsidising the shows too ?
Brekkie31,820 posts since 4 Jan 2003 Recently warned
HTV Wales Wales Today

I agree that it delivers viewers for the advertisers however the cost of Good Morning Britain is astronomical. ITV seems to think that there is a business case for the programme based on overall morning viewing. They are taking the commercial radio approach, hook them with breakfast and many will stay for the rest of the day.

Actually refreshing nowadays for a broadcaster to invest in a slot rather than just throw out content as cheap as possible in the hope not to make a loss.
I preferred the internet when it had a sense of humour.
Stuart, London Lite and 2 others
  • Square Eyes
  • BBI45
gave kudos
Neil Jones5,434 posts since 23 Dec 2001
Central (West) Midlands Today
I think someone had posted previously that the only watch the first 20 minutes on Catch Up. I'm the exact same in the mornings, it's the first 20 minutes that grab my attention the most to see what Piers is filling to rant about.

Unfortunately, Breakfast doesn't grab my attention at all and if that makes me have the attention span of a child then so be it.

I don't watch any of it on either network or catch-up later. Must admit I haven't really watched ITV breakfast TV in any major form since the TV-am days as I was a rebel and Big Breakfast was my thing instead at the time after TV-am went off the air. These days? Can get inane banter from the radio pepped with music and travel, what do I need Piers for?
RDJ2,720 posts since 25 Oct 2003
Central (South) Midlands Today
I don’t think the new frosted over the shoulder News graphics have been mentioned at all?

Are they new today? They look quite nice. A frosted background with a seethrough ITV News logo and graphics reminiscent of the top of the hour graphics.

The generic ITV News one seems a bit needlessly huge and pointless though.
Central News South
January 9th 1989 - December 3rd 2006
Reece24305 posts since 16 Mar 2017
Anglia (West) Look East
I really don’t like that new over-the-shoulder graphic. Takes up too much space and covers the left-hand screen with I think acts as a great background.

I can't help but think they made this after Piers' problem with him reaching for his drink constantly in shot.
I don't mind the graphic personally, but I think the there needs to be a wider shot of Charlotte - it's too close up.
BBI45, alexhb01 and UBox gave kudos