The Newsroom

BBC News Channel Presentation - 21/03/16 onwards

Split from BBC News Channel General Discussion (March 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BA
bilky asko
BBC News are very fond of their moving graphics when introducing a story on the national bulletins: either on the catwalk or on the screen between the presenter and a correspondent.

However, I do wish they would keep these up to date. This one this evening during the Six clearly showed a £5 note and £10 note design that have both been removed from circulation quite some time ago.

This sort of error looks sloppy, to say the least.

http://i66.tinypic.com/34pgneh.jpg

Especially now when the note designs (if not the materials) all match.
ST
Stuart

Indeed. My mild OCD had been satisfied by the Bank of England finally bringing all the note designs back into alignment once again last year. It's just a shame that BBC News hadn't recognised my need in their graphics. Laughing Shame on them!
JO
Joe

Indeed. My mild OCD had been satisfied by the Bank of England finally bringing all the note designs back into alignment once again last year. It's just a shame that BBC News hadn't recognised my need in their graphics. Laughing Shame on them!

Consistency isn't their strong suit – even when the hard work has been done for them!
IR
irisscanner
I was watching the drama 'The Bodyguard' last night. It's got a few instances of the BBC News Channel being viewed on screens. They use real BBC NC presenters and sets, and the graphics are the same, the only difference
is the ticker is in lower case (and looks a lot better for it I think ?)
BBC World News did that first when they launched in Broadcasting House but had gone to all caps by the time the News Channel moved over.
IT
itsrobert Founding member
Joe posted:

Consistency isn't their strong suit – even when the hard work has been done for them!

Yes! Often, the BBC can't even get their own logos right, let alone the Bank of England's!
DV
DVB Cornwall
We had Mr McCoy on brief yet apposite majestic form this afternoon ....

RN
Rolling News
Nice to see weather presenters being included. And Martine finally making an appearance is good, she's my favourite NC presenter alongside Simon McCoy.

Must be why they've been showing the filler all day. Wonder when they will debut?

The new countdowns could be on air by end of today it seems:

NE
News96
So new (or updated countdowns just in case this appears to be more of a minor update) on air before The Six this evening.
NE
News96
Going on Air in the next 5 minutes!

Custard56 and Rolling News gave kudos
RN
Rolling News
Coming up at 1659...
Custard56 and News96 gave kudos
DA
davidhorman
Given that no-one's posted since, is it safe to say you were all a little underwhelmed? Or have you just not been able to stop weeping with joy yet? Wink
RN
Rolling News
Given that no-one's posted since, is it safe to say you were all a little underwhelmed? Or have you just not been able to stop weeping with joy yet? Wink

No real change in the first one other than the shot of Martine towards the end. Hopefully there'll be more new faces included other than just the four in Chris Cook's tweet. That would be underwhelming.

Newer posts