TV Home Forum

EastEnders

Kate Oates joins as Exec Producer (June 2017)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JM
JamesM0984
What is there to seriously be offended about in a picture of Gary Glitter briefly appearing in the background in a decades old show?

One of the show's main characters committed a far more serious offence (murder) and he's in your face, live in the flesh every episode.

Nobody seems much offended by that anymore.

Why is Gary Glitter edited out of TOTP?

Have you been living under a rock for the past 20 years? If so I’d suggest consulting Google.

Woosh
MA
Markymark
What is there to seriously be offended about in a picture of Gary Glitter briefly appearing in the background in a decades old show?

One of the show's main characters committed a far more serious offence (murder) and he's in your face, live in the flesh every episode.

Nobody seems much offended by that anymore.

Why is Gary Glitter edited out of TOTP?

It’s a resurgence of Victorian values
TROGGLES and tightrope78 gave kudos
JA
james-2001
It's PC gawn maaaaad I tell ya! Phone the Daily Mail at once.
IT
IndigoTucker

It shouldn't be too hard - mathematically speaking, anyway - to subtract it from the existing soundtrack - at least enough that you could then cover up the residuals with something else.

It'd still cost someone's time and effort, of course.

Mathematically speaking it’s very easy. But in real life, not. Your master copy of the song will be going at a different speed to the original, the original will be at different volumes, different reverb and equalisation. And you’d have to keep it in sync by 1/48000 of a second at all times.
:-(
A former member
The member requested removal of this post
Last edited by A former member on 26 March 2021 9:07pm - 2 times in total
JA
james-2001
Both of today's Drama episodes went out filmised for some reason.
JM
JamesM0984
Interesting. About to watch the repeat.
JA
james-2001
Today's episodes were filmsed too, I can only imagine someone's messed up loading a bunch of episodes onto the servers.
JM
JamesM0984
What would they have done, loaded them as 576/25p? There used to be all sorts of ways to achieve "film effect" on SD but now most broadcasters don't allow it and insist on 25p if that's what you're going for.
SP
Steve in Pudsey
What they allow when doing it deliberately and what happens if it goes wrong are very different things.
JA
james-2001
It's clearly accidental with how badly flickery the picture looks and how pixelly the end credits are.

This sort of thing's happened before on various channels- over Xmas 2001 it affected several shows on BBC1!
JA
james-2001
It's like it again today, that's three days in a row... I hope they fix this problem soon. Makes you wonder if anyone's even paying any attention to the content they're loading on to their servers and playing out.
Last edited by james-2001 on 14 September 2018 12:07pm

Newer posts