TV Home Forum

Big Brother UK

Ratings crash & future indoubt (June 2018)

GO
gottago London London
What I liked about this latest CBB was that every single eviction was a straightforward two people, one against the other. It was quite refreshing. They had been manipulating the evictions in recent series so that 4, 5 or 6 would be up at once and not following the original rule that just the top two with most votes were up, or only in the event of a tie would a third or fourth be up.

Surely they can’t put how many people they want up for eviction? The housemates nominate, then if it’s a normal 1 person leaving eviction, the two with the most go up for eviction, it’ll only be more if nominations are tied or if it’s double or triple eviction. I can see what you mean that it’s nice to have to the simple one vs one battle for eviction, but if it’s not it’s down to the nomination not the producers manipulating it. And to be honest I prefer when more people are up for evictions as there’s less likely of a big personality leaving.

No the producers were constantly changing the minimum number of people up for eviction. Often it would be the three people with the most votes would go up, sometimes it would be four, sometimes anyone who received even one nomination would go up. The higher the minimum number is the more likely you are to get ties in the number of nominations which is when you’d get as many as 6 people up. The last few series have had no clarity as to how many housemates would be up, even during the nominations process which has always felt incredibly frustrating and manipulative. Going back to just the top two hasn’t been done for many years and has felt refreshing.
CW
CraigWills Tyne Tees Look North (North East)
What I liked about this latest CBB was that every single eviction was a straightforward two people, one against the other. It was quite refreshing. They had been manipulating the evictions in recent series so that 4, 5 or 6 would be up at once and not following the original rule that just the top two with most votes were up, or only in the event of a tie would a third or fourth be up.

Surely they can’t put how many people they want up for eviction? The housemates nominate, then if it’s a normal 1 person leaving eviction, the two with the most go up for eviction, it’ll only be more if nominations are tied or if it’s double or triple eviction. I can see what you mean that it’s nice to have to the simple one vs one battle for eviction, but if it’s not it’s down to the nomination not the producers manipulating it. And to be honest I prefer when more people are up for evictions as there’s less likely of a big personality leaving.

No the producers were constantly changing the minimum number of people up for eviction. Often it would be the three people with the most votes would go up, sometimes it would be four, sometimes anyone who received even one nomination would go up. The higher the minimum number is the more likely you are to get ties in the number of nominations which is when you’d get as many as 6 people up. The last few series have had no clarity as to how many housemates would be up, even during the nominations process which has always felt incredibly frustrating and manipulative. Going back to just the top two hasn’t been done for many years and has felt refreshing.

I stand corrected. I don’t watch the show consistently, I only watch the odd CBB series. Moving the goal posts on the minimum number of housemates up for eviction seems like a deliberate ploy to manipulate who gets evicted.
WH
Whataday Founding member Wales Wales Today
I stand corrected. I don’t watch the show consistently, I only watch the odd CBB series.

They're all odd.
FO
FanOfTV99 Granada North West Today
Big Brother won't be returning next year. Cheer Channel 5 for ruining a great series
Stay Safe.

You'll Never Walk Alone
:-(
A former member
Proof? Or you just typing crap.
BA
bilky asko Tyne Tees Look North (North East)
Proof? Or you just typing crap.

How pleasant.

Avatar Credit: © Independent Television News. Avatar Subject: Jonathan George Snow HonFRIBA
A former member
Thank you.
HC
Hatton Cross Central (West) Midlands Today
Which is strange, because EndemolShine and Elstree Studios have just applied to Hartsmere Council to renew the planning permission licence for the BB House on the lot for another three years..
Readers are warned that this post contains some flash photography
A former member
Netflix? Amazon? Sky?
BA
bilky asko Tyne Tees Look North (North East)
Netflix? Amazon? Sky?

Ideal World. Peter Simon, Andy Hodgson, Mike Mason, and Shaun Ryan will be living in the house for 8 weeks whilst selling products from the house 24 hours a day. Ellis Ward is returning as Big Brother.

Avatar Credit: © Independent Television News. Avatar Subject: Jonathan George Snow HonFRIBA
JA
JAS84 Yorkshire Look North (E.Yorks & Lincs)
Netflix? Amazon? Sky?
Yeah, Channel 5 has cancelled it, that doesn't mean they can't shop it around.
JO
Jonwo
It’s not too surprising, Ben Frow wants to take Channel 5 in a new direction and it’s really the last programme of the Desmond era not to mention money wise, they can reinvest it in new shows

Honestly, I think in the long run, axing it will be considered a good decision

Newer posts