The Gallery

Sunday Live

A Brand New, Live Magazine Show for Channel 4. (September 2018)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
DM
DeMarkay
Joe posted:
Why is it of London at all?

How does it suit the programme format? It doesn't seem to, to me, at all.

Where are you getting the footage from, by the way? Is it pilfered from somewhere?

Hi Joe,

I've chosen London as it is where the show would be filmed.

And it hasn't been pilfered from anywhere.
BB
BruceBBC
The theme is better than what you had used previously, and I like the new logo and the way it animates on screen. I am also glad you have got rid of the glitch effect and the reversed footage.

Only thing I would suggest to help improve is making the titles shorter, maybe down to 20 seconds. They just feel slightly long, also, trim some shots. Some stay on screen for a few moments too long.

Basically, just shorten and neaten it up and I'm sure it'll look great.
JO
Joe
Joe posted:
Why is it of London at all?

How does it suit the programme format? It doesn't seem to, to me, at all.

Where are you getting the footage from, by the way? Is it pilfered from somewhere?

Hi Joe,

I've chosen London as it is where the show would be filmed.

And it hasn't been pilfered from anywhere.

Did you film it yourself or did you pay for stock footage?
UB
UBox
First of all V2 is certainly an improvement on V1. But I like to be constructive so:

The shots are still a bit random, the London Eye shot completely messes with the whole thing - you jump from sunny London to a shot of cloudy London at sunset then back to daytime again, it needs either replacing with a similar shot at a different time of day or canned. You say the shots are meant to demonstrate people going about their weekend, the shots could certainly deviate from just shots of London. Maybe people having a coffee and breakfast, people doing a park run (something which is becoming an increasingly popular weekend event), shots with families as opposed to people wandering by themselves. The shot of the women with the shopping bags gets closer to this but looks more shopping mall commercial in the way it's shot (which as this is stock footage is no fault of yours). Doing some of these things would much better incorporate with the chitchat and cookery you mention being part of the programme.

It would flow much more smoothly if you used on the beat editing. At 00.17 you do this well when the shot of Trafalgar Square cuts on the beat. It just looks a lot smoother. You've also done the logo appearing on the beat but it shows for such a short period time it needs changing a bit. I think generally shortening the whole sequence would help.

The logo is a vast improvement on version 1 and the end slide of the titles looks lovely. Music fits well I think too and pleased you got rid of the random blocky animations.
BR
Brekkie
The music is letting these down - just not strong enough for the opening of what would be a flagship show.
DM
DeMarkay
Hi everyone,

I've taken UBox's ideas on board and I present: 'Sunday Live' Title Sequence V3.

Key changes:

- Different footage used altogether with a focus on Breakfast, Family and Bicycle Riding in the Park.

- The theme music has been changed.

- The logo has also been changed but with the animation featured in V2.

- The Title Sequence is now sixteen seconds long.

Feedback, is again, welcomed.

lukeshep and BroadcastWales gave kudos
LU
lukeshep
Great improvement on before IMO, loving the new quirky logo! 4/5 now!
Brekkie and DeMarkay gave kudos
BB
BruceBBC
I’m slight perplexed... most people agreed that the theme tune was good and the new logo was a vast improvement and then, you change it.

You’ve changed the two things that actually worked. The random shots still don’t make sense, you have no story within the titles - theme music is a step backwards as well.
BR
Brekkie
Much better music and appropriate titles. Logo is more distinctive too.
HJ
HJL
Having looked at the programme you're using I really don't see the skill in this project. IMO I should be grateful that you have introduced me to a great, Free, piece of editing software which you've quickly had a play with. This project just incorporates stock video with transitions, music and text templates from within the programme. You haven't been original or imaginative and to some extent you're claiming credit for others work.
Last edited by HJL on 17 September 2018 10:54pm
lukeshep and BruceBBC gave kudos
DM
DeMarkay
HJL posted:
Having looked at the programme you're using I really don't see the skill in this project. IMO I should be grateful that you have introduced me to a great, Free, piece of editing software which you've quickly had a play with. This project just incorporates stock video with transactions, music and text templates from within the programme. You haven't been original or imaginative and to some extent you're claiming credit for others work.

What you said there was completely and utterly laughable 🤣.

Thanks for your 'feedback' 🤣🤣🤣🤣
DM
DeMarkay
HJL posted:
Having looked at the programme you're using I really don't see the skill in this project. IMO I should be grateful that you have introduced me to a great, Free, piece of editing software which you've quickly had a play with. This project just incorporates stock video with transitions, music and text templates from within the programme. You haven't been original or imaginative and to some extent you're claiming credit for others work.

The fact that you decided to comment on my post in the gallery and launch a tirade against me is not appreciated at all. Yes I have used stock footage because, and like I say every time on TVForum, I am not a videographer nor am I someone who aspires to get into TV production. The software I used was easy as I didn't want to spend hours on After Effects creating similar graphics nor have I ever claimed credit for others work. The music I have used for all three versions are from Deep East Music. Thank you.

Newer posts