« Topics
Conor98
Central (West) Midlands Today
Just Released - The Big Brother UK 2018 Eye (civilian version) Its completely different from previous years. The eye shape completely changed.

Ooh. That doesn't look bad. Looks pretty trippy but I think they'll be going for a more edgier, dark theme with this one
JAS844,068 posts since 26 Aug 2010
Yorkshire Look North (E.Yorks & Lincs)
I wonder what Channel 5 are thinking after this. Before the series started there were articles saying the show had had its day, they were thinking of axing it, people who watched it are now watching Love Island etc… then they start a series with the biggest controversy the show has had in years. All publicity is good publicity?

No, not in this case. It crossed a major red line and continued well beyond even that.

CBB is meant to be an entertainment show. But by Saturday evening there were very few of the audience at home who felt they were being entertained. The audience was becoming genuinely very angry indeed at such an obvious outrageous injustice and lack of action.

If Pallett had not walked out are we to believe this show would have continued to keep her in, or taken action and removed her themselves? It's unimagineable to think she could have remained.

Also, what about that warning they gave to Ryan? Surely it has to be revoked considering CBB are now fully behind him and have total disdain for Pallett and her fantasies. How can it credibly stay in place.

I have to agree with the interview by Emma Willis. We saw an edited version and it would be nice to know what has been left on the cutting room floor but it was a timely end, just as the faux tears arrived for her to wrap it up with her "that's it guys" and cast her earpiece off, because the person in front of her was only feeling desperately sorry for herself and having been exposed with nowhere to hide and no credible excuses to make. Emma gave her the contempt she deserved in a rather clever way and it was no accident we saw that part at the end.
Roxanne's career is in trouble after this. Now she's quit her radio show and pulled out of a panto.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-york-north-yorkshire-45414106
Rich Tea, ittrgrey and Stuart gave kudos
Rich Tea504 posts since 16 Apr 2017
Anglia (West) Look East
Strange, that today is also the same day in 2010 when BB finished on Ch4.

With a very big deal made by Big Brother, and Davina, of ultimate housemate Brian Dowling who was to succeed her as host when it switched to 5. Okay so they sacked him after a couple of years as host on Channel 5 but I've never quite understood the total airbrushing from Big Brother history that has seemingly happened with Dowling. It's as if he never existed for Channel 5 these past few years. Mind you, the feeling appears mutual as he doesn't appear to reference the show at all on social media.
DE88682 posts since 8 Jan 2017
I've never followed any other series of BB - civilian or celeb - as closely as I followed BB2.

The chemistry between Helen and Paul, Paul surviving four evictions before finally going, Bubble and Dean setting world records and Davina being heavily pregnant, among other things. And, of course, Brian winning - I even voted for him with my parents' permission (being 13 at the time). Wink

On a visit to Ireland a few weeks later - just prior to permanently moving there from London - I asked my uncle to drive me through Brian's home village of Rathangan in County Kildare. Sure enough, the "Well Done Brian" banners were still up. Wink

Brian also provided by far the best moment of the Vernon Kay celeb version of Family Fortunes... Laughing

Now officially retired from TV Forum. "When the fun stops, stop."
fanoftv8,151 posts since 4 Jan 2003
Central (West) Midlands Today
I thoroughly enjoyed CBB and it has been the most watched series for me in years, I liked the fact the housemates were allowed to develop quite naturally and arguments and situations were created because of them and their personality clashes (after Natalie had gone of course), the challenges also seemed a little more creative than I remember too.

As for this Friday’s civilian launch, the teasers, new eye, New fonts, and effects seems promising, though I’m sure it’ll be overshadowed by an elaborate entrance for people who we don’t know and silly banter and loud cheering on BBBOTS.

I think I’d personally like them to shake it up. Have a live launch with no audience, with Emma (or even Emma and Rylan) commenting on them as they go through (maybe a different entrance, leaving the stairs for exits only) to unnerve the contestants before they’ve even gone in.
Rich Tea504 posts since 16 Apr 2017
Anglia (West) Look East
What I liked about this latest CBB was that every single eviction was a straightforward two people, one against the other. It was quite refreshing. They had been manipulating the evictions in recent series so that 4, 5 or 6 would be up at once and not following the original rule that just the top two with most votes were up, or only in the event of a tie would a third or fourth be up.

I have no interest in the normal BB and haven't watched since it was on Channel 4. I had considered taking a look this time if it is to be the last one ever but when I saw the very narrow age range of housemates in the preview during last night's show, aged between just 18-32 I found that incredibly unimaginative and uninspiring, and plain ageist actually.

Ryan winning with his reputation enhanced and Roxanne sent into contemptible, unemployable media industry oblivion was a wonderful affirmation of good overcoming bad, genuine decency over rotten to the core.
CraigWills95 posts since 2 Aug 2017
Tyne Tees Look North (North East)
What I liked about this latest CBB was that every single eviction was a straightforward two people, one against the other. It was quite refreshing. They had been manipulating the evictions in recent series so that 4, 5 or 6 would be up at once and not following the original rule that just the top two with most votes were up, or only in the event of a tie would a third or fourth be up.

Surely they can’t put how many people they want up for eviction? The housemates nominate, then if it’s a normal 1 person leaving eviction, the two with the most go up for eviction, it’ll only be more if nominations are tied or if it’s double or triple eviction. I can see what you mean that it’s nice to have to the simple one vs one battle for eviction, but if it’s not it’s down to the nomination not the producers manipulating it. And to be honest I prefer when more people are up for evictions as there’s less likely of a big personality leaving.