TV Home Forum

ITV Idents (Post Christmas)

(January 2014)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
SC
Si-Co
DE88 posted:
Why does ITV need Roman numerals, leave the Roman numerals to the BBC.

Countdown - an ITV Studios production - uses Roman numerals in its copyright date too. Wink

Oh. And Channel 4. I'd never imagine Roman numerals on ITV in 2018. In the olden times, yeah.

Ah yes, those olden times like the 1990s, before they discovered America or invented the wheel.

53 days later

DB
dbl

ITV Strangers ident, in Mandarin with subtitles.
JO
Joe
That’s a great concept.
CO
Conor98
dbl posted:

Actually she was speaking in Cantonese... Confused
VM
VMPhil
Though that’s not the version they actually broadcast… it was just a standard announcement.
TO
tomo359
Is that the first programme specific ident we've had on ITV since the 2013 rebrand? (not including the various sport idents) Even X factor, BGT etc doesn't get their own idents.
I know this new ident could be used to introduce other shows, but it was clearly made for Strangers.
AE
AlexEdohHD13
dbl posted:

Though that’s not the version they actually broadcast… it was just a standard announcement.

I think the on the twitter link should have been broadcast instead of the standard announcement.
AE
AlexEdohHD13
Joe posted:
That’s a great concept.

Yeah. They should have done that during the rebrand (2013).
DB
dbl
dbl posted:

Oops - got that the wrong way around. I knew Mainland China speaks one form from the S.A.R (like Hong Kong)
AG
AxG
I mean it's nice, but it would be nice for ITV to break the mould just a little with the idents.
:-(
A former member
The Mega Movies trailer with the grey background end board looks a little odd after the plain bright white on other trailers.
FA
fanoftv
I’ve seen an advert for strangers in the cinema that uses the dark grey encap, it sits well on a stand alone advert, plus all of that (now unpatterned) white would be bright in a cinema.

Newer posts