The Newsroom

ITV News

Split from ITV News 2013 Rebrand (January 2015)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
WL
W1LL
Jez posted:
Has everyone noticed that there seems to be a full length regional news and national news tomorrow at 6pm, despite being a bank holiday?

As well as full length national and regional evening bulletins we appear to have our regular presenters also. Normally the regular presenters don't appear on Bank Holidays. But on ITV Wales at least we had our regular lunchtime presenter and one of our regular 6pm presenters. Even the weather was done by our regular weekday presenter, normally Bank Holidays are part of the weekend weather hub.

but not here in the Calendar region, we had B and C list presenters and weather hub weather.

Business as usual for Calendar then?
:-(
A former member
The member requested removal of this post
Last edited by A former member on 29 August 2018 12:13am - 2 times in total

9 days later

KE
kernow
Not sure if it's been mentioned here before, but "Our Cartoon President", a series which has been shown on Sky Atlantic recently (and is currently available on catch up) makes regular use of the ITV News theme music from the 1999-2003 era, including the bongs!

There's also been a few uses of the current ITV News theme music.
:-(
A former member
All that library muisc helps bring in the money 😉
CO
Connews
One minute in...

From The West Wing!
BO
Bongo
In Birmingham this evening and Watched ITV Central news at 6. At the end of the programme the female presenter said she was moving to the national evening news for 6 months. Wonder if Mary is off on another project or maybe just trying out different regional hosts?
LL
London Lite Founding member
Bongo posted:
In Birmingham this evening and Watched ITV Central news at 6. At the end of the programme the female presenter said she was moving to the national evening news for 6 months. Wonder if Mary is off on another project or maybe just trying out different regional hosts?

Stacey Foster will be on reporting duty. It's common for regional reporters to be seconded to ITV News for a few months.
CH
Charlesy
Stacey previously spent time reporting for the national and London bulletins but on that occasion she was rarely presenting the Central evening news. Recently she has presenting the Central evening news more often than not, with Sameena Ali-Khan presenting less often.
WE
wellandtruly25
Does Lucy Watson still report for ITV news?

10 days later

AS
ASR
Tell me if I'm being stupid, but I think I've noticed that the silver bezel on the large screens either side of the desk have been made thinner giving a slightly more modern look. Only a small thing, but I thought it was worth a mention.

14 days later

BR
Brekkie
Where is this filmed - bit of a throwback to the days when regions interpreted a national look in their own way.

Last edited by Brekkie on 6 October 2018 8:19pm
CR
Critique
That's the digital studio at Grays Inn Road that ITV News use for their online programmes (such as the Royal Rota with Chris Ship, Now What? with Robert Peston, and Young, British and Muslim with Rageh Omar). Looks to be tucked away in the corner of the newsroom (presumably not where the old newsroom sets were!).
Brekkie and London Lite gave kudos

Newer posts