TV Home Forum

ITV’s LittleBe

Split from Childrens TV (August 2018)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
OF
OF992
It launched today. Has anyone recorded continuity?
UT
Upload TV
OF992 posted:
It launched today. Has anyone recorded continuity?

Launch: https://youtu.be/Tu-xj_swzR4
Close: https://youtu.be/pJIJn6_E5PA
BR
Brekkie
Nicely done.
FA
fanoftv
Very nice indeed. Lovely animations, great branding and a wonderful melody. I wonder if this has been designed in house. The narrator has a lovely calm voice too. I was going to say that it’s let down by the lack of introduction to programmes, but CITV have nothing like that.
DB
dbl
So seamless and nicely done.
FA
fanoftv
dbl posted:
So seamless and nicely done.

Just how the 2013 package was designed for all channels to subtly flow between each other. It makes me think that Red Bee could be involved for that reason.
PF
PFML84
The logo, (the two shapes - one larger than the other), is likely inspired by Nick Jr. The animations are nice but having B B and a dot beside one another could almost use the casual viewer to think this is another BBC kids channel and not an ITV one.

Why did this need to be on ITV Be again? Couldn't they have simulcast this on CITV as well to encourage people to watch their new younger age group slot that would eventually take up residence there or be spun off into its own channel? I can't imagine anyone would think "Oh, it's 9am, better put ITV Be on for the kids programmes".
AN
Andrew Founding member
The theory is that ITV Be is watched by young mums, and young mums have young kids.

And also that to someone who doesn’t know the history CITV being a mix of young and old kids stuff feels like and alien concept.
JO
Joe
It’s a B and an E, surely.

And I don’t imagine anybody thinks ‘I’ll put on…’ about anything unless a channel starts advertising it and getting that association going in the first place. I doubt anybody thought about putting CBeebies on for kids programmes when it started, as there was no precedence.
PF
PFML84
It is a B and an E but what I'm saying is that they both look like B's so there could be some confusion there as it could be interpreted as something to do with the BBC.
MM
MiniMort
The theory is that ITV Be is watched by young mums, and young mums have young kids.

And also that to someone who doesn’t know the history CITV being a mix of young and old kids stuff feels like and alien concept.

That’s understandable now but when I first heard about it, it sounded like reality TV for children!
BA
bilky asko
It is a B and an E but what I'm saying is that they both look like B's so there could be some confusion there as it could be interpreted as something to do with the BBC.

If they're both Bs, then one is the big B and the other is a little B... it still works

Newer posts