The Newsroom

Jeremy Vine on 5

New brand for The Wright Stuff, beginning 9:15am, 3rd Sept with Jeremy Vine (January 2018)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
AN
Andrew Founding member
The paper review being pre recorded is surely going to lead to strange moments that will seem odd to viewers who don’t know it’s pre recorded.

A guest will make a point relating to a news story and it will be discussed as if it’s the first we’ve heard of it, not realising a caller made the same point within a debate an hour earlier.
LL
London Lite Founding member
It appears JV has his first tabloid skewed newsmaker on tomorrow. Actress Roxanne Pallett who is alleged to have an awful attitude while working on an ITV soap and caused controversy on a little watched C5 reality format against another soap actor.
VM
VMPhil
Looks like it's only the name that has changed. ITN seemed to have kept the Princess book of dire Z-list guests who'll come up for peanuts.

Some things are for certain.

They'll be the same audience members looking gormless when the camera pans on them.
The one audience member or staff member on set who'll laugh at Vine's bad jokes.
A bad caller will slip through the net, as they did with Matthew Wright.
The topics will be as awful as ever. One serious topic, with the rest being female skewed topics to keep viewers switching over to Derbyshire.
As the News Review will be pre-recorded, the segment will be woefully out of date by the time it airs.
Audience woops at the beginning and end of the programme, which will be pre-recorded at 8.50am when they arrive at GiN.

It appears JV has his first tabloid skewed newsmaker on tomorrow. Actress Roxanne Pallett who is alleged to have an awful attitude while working on an ITV soap and caused controversy on a little watched C5 reality format against another soap actor.

It sounds like this show really irritates you. Maybe give it a miss?
LL
Looks like it's only the name that has changed. ITN seemed to have kept the Princess book of dire Z-list guests who'll come up for peanuts.

Some things are for certain.

They'll be the same audience members looking gormless when the camera pans on them.
The one audience member or staff member on set who'll laugh at Vine's bad jokes.
A bad caller will slip through the net, as they did with Matthew Wright.
The topics will be as awful as ever. One serious topic, with the rest being female skewed topics to keep viewers switching over to Derbyshire.
As the News Review will be pre-recorded, the segment will be woefully out of date by the time it airs.
Audience woops at the beginning and end of the programme, which will be pre-recorded at 8.50am when they arrive at GiN.

It sounds like this show really irritates you. Maybe give it a miss?

Maybe I should be allowed to critique this show, like I do with every other format with regards to presentation. It's perfectly fine to be critical sometimes you know!
SP
Steve in Pudsey
It is when you've actually seen it.
LL
It is when you've actually seen it.

Going by how the show has been previously produced in the last few months, I think it's fair to speculate on how it'll run.
IT
Ittr
Well today is the day. The facebook is still "The Wright Stuff" so unless they can get it changed in the next hour, it'll be interesting to see how they refer to it on the programme.

Update; They've created a dummy jeremyvineon5 facebook, official one is still officialwrightstuff.
Last edited by Ittr on 3 September 2018 9:17am
UB
UBox
Slightly disappointed that this is just The Wright Stuff with a different name. Somehow they still have that shocking theme tune.
ST
Stuart
I guess I should have posted the video here. I wonder where the 'lick of paint' has been applied?
paul_hadley, Ittr and watchingtv gave kudos
IT
Ittr
The old TWS SMS graphic was just used (by accident). Well these things happen, I guess. Rolling Eyes
JO
Joe
Well today is the day. The facebook is still "The Wright Stuff" so unless they can get it changed in the next hour, it'll be interesting to see how they refer to it on the programme.

Update; They've created a dummy jeremyvineon5 facebook, official one is still officialwrightstuff.

You cannot generally wholesale change a Facebook page name - you typically have to do it in stages or FB will think you’re doing something dodgy. Eg ‘The Wright Stuff’ becomes ‘The Wright Stuff on 5’ then ‘Jeremy Vine on 5’ or whatever. It may be that they’re in dialogue with FB about that – or that the rules have changed yet again and I’m lying!
WH
what
Joe posted:

You cannot generally wholesale change a Facebook page name - you typically have to do it in stages or FB will think you’re doing something dodgy. Eg ‘The Wright Stuff’ becomes ‘The Wright Stuff on 5’ then ‘Jeremy Vine on 5’ or whatever. It may be that they’re in dialogue with FB about that – or that the rules have changed yet again and I’m lying!

I've changed page names to something completely different before and had no problems.

Newer posts