TV Home Forum

ITV’s LittleBe

Split from Childrens TV (August 2018)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
ZE
zeebre12
Why does CITV shut down at 9pm every night?
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member

Because they feel there is no demand for the service after 9pm, same with CBBC.
Anyway on Freeview I think it still closes at 6pm?

I dare say most of the childrens channels on Sky don't take much in the way of ad revenue after midnight.
:-(
A former member
If this was the USA there would showing Nick at night or Adult swim...
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member
We have got Nick at Night. In name anyway. Yes I know its not the same thing as the American service but...
ZE
zeebre12

Because they feel there is no demand for the service after 9pm, same with CBBC.
Anyway on Freeview I think it still closes at 6pm?

I dare say most of the childrens channels on Sky don't take much in the way of ad revenue after midnight.

Other kids channels don't shut down at 9. They would hardly loose money if they didn't. This is a Freeview channel so there is more of an audience available. Just show repeats of their programs. The thing is CBBC had/has to shut down at 9pm because it shares/shared bandwidth with BBC 3/4.
A former member
Actually no, CBBC does not share its bandwidth it anything else. CITV also does not shares with anything else.
ZE
zeebre12
Actually no, CBBC does not share its bandwidth it anything else. CITV also does not shares with anything else.

That's why I used the words had/shared
A former member
We still don't see your point. Why are kids still up after 9pm???
JA
JAS84
CBBC used to share with BBC3, but yeah, no reason they can't go 24 hour now - kids should be in bed is a valid point, which is why retro programming should be used instead. CITV shares with The Store, doesn't it?
TI
TIGHazard
We still don't see your point. Why are kids still up after 9pm???

Sometimes when I couldn't sleep as a kid, watched a video/DVD and I'd usually fall asleep during it.

Or the one time my mother had to be rushed into hospital overnight (Epilepsy). The area for kids to take their mind of it had a analogue TV, shame it was overnight so the only thing on was BBC News 24, The Learning Zone or ITV Nightscreen.
JA
james-2001
I find myself wishing the kids channels DID shut down (the pre-school ones at least), it can be a nightmare getting the younger members of my family to bed, or even letting us change to channel to watch something we want to watch in the evening, when the kids channels are still running and they know there's programmes they want to watch coming up. When I have a nephew and niece obsessed with Paw Patrol and PJ Masks it can be hell, tantrums galore. At least if they closed down you'd be able to say there's nothing else on, so that's that.
Last edited by james-2001 on 1 September 2018 12:57pm
OF
OF992
I find myself wishing the kids channels DID shut down (the pre-school ones at least), it can be a nightmare getting the younger members of my family to bed, or even letting us change to channel to watch something we want to watch in the evening, when the kids channels are still running and they know there's programmes they want to watch coming up. When I have a nephew and niece obsessed with Paw Patrol and PJ Masks it can be hell, tantrums galore. At least if they closed down you'd be able to say there's nothing else on, so that's that.

Disney Junior is shared with multiple countries, Nick Jr is the most popular and CBeebies DOES shut down.

Newer posts