TV Home Forum

Virgin Media Ireland launch

Split from The Gay Byrne Irish Television Thread (August 2018)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
TV
TVfan5321

Blocked by UEFA because of Champions League ๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜‘
PE
peterrocket Founding member
Didn't take Uefa long to block that one, but from the first clip,
BBI45 posted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKJkih4fKMw

With a title sequence that I'm fairly certain I've seen on an After Effects stock video site.
LL
London Lite Founding member
I'll reupload with the CL and golf removed shortly.
JO
Joe
Which says what about the channel exactly? How does a garden scene in the middle of an office convey that the channel is full of repeats of Jeremy Kyle and Tipping Point?

I find it interesting that people moan when a press release is made stating the thinking behind a design, yet when there isn't oneโ€ฆ
CO
Conor98
I'm sure they will add more in time. For the first month when the 2009 liveaction idents launched, the channel rotated between two, but a new ident launched each month in the year that followed. It seems Virgin Media Three has only two idents, one generic logo version and one liveaction.

What does the liveaction one look like?
RI
Richard
BBI45 posted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKJkih4fKMw

Not bad. The news theme does sound a bit like Crimewatch, though and they need to make the โ€œCueโ€ before the newsreader begins to speak a lot less audible.
ED
edmund
What does the liveaction one look like?

Coverage of Virgin Media Three now available on Pres Archive here.

LL
London Lite Founding member
I'll reupload with the CL and golf removed shortly.

BR
Brekkie
Coverage of Virgin Media One added to Presentation Archive. Only one ident so far.

Link

Even if just the one ident far better than anything the BBC have had in the last couple of years.
PC
p_c_u_k
The umbrella one looks so Eurovision postcard it feels like Graham Norton should be doing the voiceover. It's not bad though, but it could do with background music.
CO
Conor98
The umbrella one looks so Eurovision postcard it feels like Graham Norton should be doing the voiceover. It's not bad though, but it could do with background music.

It does have background music but the announcers don't announce with the music lowered.
It's all silent for them. They kinda need to sort that out tbh Confused
PF
PFML84
Even if just the one ident far better than anything the BBC have had in the last couple of years.

If the BBC launched this as a look for BBC ONE it would be absolutely savaged on here within minutes.

Newer posts