« Topics
RDJ2,697 posts since 25 Oct 2003
Central (South) Midlands Today
It’s been trending on Twitter.

It was quite abysmal. The panellists made it very personal and basically hounded her on live TV.

The only commendable person there was Janet Street-Porter who remained very fair and level headed the whole time and wasn’t afraid to tell each of them they were being out of order.
Central News South
January 9th 1989 - December 3rd 2006
Brekkie and TVFan2017 gave kudos
Whataday9,959 posts since 13 Sep 2001
HTV Wales Wales Today
Are the main team on holiday or something? What a dreadfully produced show. Kim was clearly brought on to cause conflict and once they got that they didn't know what to do with it.

It was a car crash but at the same time well done to Kim for kicking off and not putting up with it. Exposed the programme for what it has become.
bilky asko gave kudos
alexjac0788145 posts since 9 Jul 2016
Meridian (South East) South East Today
Are the main team on holiday or something? What a dreadfully produced show. Kim was clearly brought on to cause conflict and once they got that they didn't know what to do with it.

It was a car crash but at the same time well done to Kim for kicking off and not putting up with it. Exposed the programme for what it has become.

Wholeheartedly agree. Linda Nolan calling Kim 'talentless' and then going on (with Coleen) to undermine and, essentially, mock her childhood abuse was outrageous. Glad to hear many have complained to OFCOM.
DavidWhitfield gave kudos
JamesWorldNews7,922 posts since 22 Aug 2004
STV Central BBC World
Blimey!

Whilst I don’t condone the events whatsoever, but it goes to show just how bad it was (both sides) when even Janet Street-Porter was unable to control the debate/argument.

As we all know, Janet is by no means a walkover, but she had no chance in yesterday’s scenario. Sadly.

I believe both sides overstepped the mark.
@JamesWorldNews | Formerly BBC WORLD
Roger Mellie gave kudos
noggin14,367 posts since 26 Jun 2001
Will ITV launch any sort on investigation into yesterdays events, with a view to looking to see if such an incident can be prevented again?

Have ITV yet acknowledged that there was anything in any way wrong with what the Loose Women production team did yesterday? They are unlikely to investigate unless they think something unacceptable happened. I've seen no reports they believe that to be the case.

It felt to me as if Loose Women were doing 'Celebrity Jeremy Kyle' and ITV seem perfectly happy to broadcast that show day-in, day-out.
all_night399 posts since 2 Apr 2016
Anglia (West) Look East (West sub-opt)
Well the show got what they wanted in terms of publicity. The panellists should not have rose to what Kim was saying but lets not pretend Kim is all sweet and innocent or in fact being bullied or had been bullied on Big Brother. The overreaction to yesterday's events comes mainly from those who don't like Loose Women, or those blinded by the fact Kim is an elderly lady of sorts who happens to be funny at times.

Kim set the tone by walking on and having a go at Linda Robson for no reason what so ever but to try and s***stir.
Charlesy, Roger Mellie and 2 others
  • Joeygl500
  • JamesWorldNews
gave kudos
PFMC841,519 posts since 28 Feb 2013
UTV Newsline
Going by what Kim said later on about Linda, it's not surprising she reacted that way towards her at the start. She knew she was being two faced and fake and wasn't having any of it. I'm not defending Kim at all, I don't think anyone came out of it smelling of roses, but the manner in which it was conducted and allowed to continue whilst the producer/director were probably rubbing their hands with glee in the gallery over the amount of publicity this was generating is just sickening. A lot of people have mentioned that they have complained to Ofcom over the treatment of Kim and rightly so. The show has the audacity to talk about mental health and positivity among women and then bring out Kim and treat her like that. Disgraceful all round. Don't even get me started on what a nasty piece of work I think Colleen Nolan is. Her moronic son shouting the odds on Twitter and making fun of Kim's mental state certainly doesn't help things either.
Rich Tea gave kudos