TV Home Forum

BBC Oneness - idents and presentation

"Watch this space" as BBC Creative respond to ident change request (December 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member
Appears to be 10:30 now:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/mppCLzgLcc5Z0Jsbs6NcnQ/frequently-asked-questions posted:
[Why don't you show a repeat of Match of the Day later on a Sunday?] Due to the terms of our contract with the Premier League, the repeat has to be off-air before 10.30am so a later slot on BBC One is not an option.
Stuart, London Lite and Markymark gave kudos
:-(
A former member
I wonder if there would move Andrew marr to to 11am?
NG
noggin Founding member

My guess is Marr moves to 1000, with Match of the Day 0830-1000, if they have to be off-air with MOTD by 1030.
NE
News96

My guess is Marr moves to 1000, with Match of the Day 0830-1000, if they have to be off-air with MOTD by 1030.

Intrestingly that's was scheduled next Sunday morning, Match of the day repeat 8:35-10:00 with Marr afterwards.
JV
James Vertigan Founding member
Hmm. Not entirely sure the use of Plymouth’s lively steel drummers ident just now was entirely appropriate to link into the News Channel who were in the middle of reporting on the Jacksonville shooting.
JO
Jonny
Hmm. Not entirely sure the use of Plymouth’s lively steel drummers ident just now was entirely appropriate to link into the News Channel who were in the middle of reporting on the Jacksonville shooting.

"News Safe"
AN
Andrew Founding member

There was one into the Ten the other day where the shouting sound (either from my region or from network) on the Taekwondo one bled into the very start of the first headline, which didn't sound great.
FA
fanoftv
Do the BBC have separate presentation and promo/marketing departments?

I ask because I've just stumbled across the new trailer for Strictly Come Dancing...

The trailer is wonderfully polished and doesn't look like it would have been cheap to make. Does the money come from the series production or elsewhere?
The reason I ask is that I don't understand how more money is spent on a trailer that will be used (albeit in a lot of junctions) for three weeks before the new series launches than is spent on idents that will be used for a long time to come.
Brekkie and Custard56 gave kudos
CU
Custard56
Do the BBC have separate presentation and promo/marketing departments?

I ask because I've just stumbled across the new trailer for Strictly Come Dancing...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hj6A0VfA44k

The trailer is wonderfully polished and doesn't look like it would have been cheap to make. Does the money come from the series production or elsewhere?
The reason I ask is that I don't understand how more money is spent on a trailer that will be used (albeit in a lot of junctions) for three weeks before the new series launches than is spent on idents that will be used for a long time to come.

It's a lovely little trailer - and I echo your points / question.
AN
Andrew Founding member
The BBC base almost their entire year around Strictly, so it’s no surprise they spend large amounts of money on the promotion
TR
TROGGLES
I wonder how many complaints will come in from Charities about it encouraging people to dump bags of tat in their shop doorways overnight? Very Happy
JA
JAS84
There was a technical hitch during Flog It and Impossible earlier. Both shows briefly froze the video and Impossible ended up rewound by about 10 seconds.

Newer posts