The Newsroom

International News Presentation: Past and Present

(February 2007)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
AG
AxG

WO
Woodpecker
Very slick and modern - am very impressed! And I love what they've done with the theme tune. I see Jean-Pierre Pernaut still refuses to use the autocue, though!
LL
London Lite Founding member
Very slick and modern - am very impressed! And I love what they've done with the theme tune. I see Jean-Pierre Pernaut still refuses to use the autocue, though!

I swear Jean-Pierre will still be presenting the lunchtime bulletin from the care home. Nice, slick adaptation of the long standing theme.
Quatorzine Neko, DE88 and Woodpecker gave kudos
BB
BBI45
I guess I'm in the minority that didn't like the old look and music and still hates the music now.
LL
This is the time of year when French news goes through at least one major revamp of sets, pres or presenters. TF1 with it's new set, BFMTV launched it's new schedule today with presenters joining from LCI and Franceinfo.
BB
BBI45
DE
DE88
TF1 have used this music in one form or another since 1990, oui?

Compare and contrast with the Beeb's use of David Lowe's beeps since 1999, and ITV's use of Dave Hewson's rearrangements of "The Awakening" since 1995...
BB
BBI45
Might as well post this here too:
WO
Woodpecker
DE88 posted:
TF1 have used this music in one form or another since 1990, oui?

Compare and contrast with the Beeb's use of David Lowe's beeps since 1999, and ITV's use of Dave Hewson's rearrangements of "The Awakening" since 1995...

If we're gonna talk long-running news themes, then the Tagesschau has been using the same six-note melody (Hammond Fantasy) since 1956, and ZDF have been using their beeps (Morse code for 'heute') since 1973. Cool And in New Zealand, 1 News has retained the same motif in their various themes since at least the late 90s.
Quatorzine Neko and DE88 gave kudos
WW
WW Update
Also, WPVI in Philadelphia was been using the same theme since 1972.

Here's a clip from this year:

The theme was even used in Australia:

DB
dbl
BBI45 posted:
Might as well post this here too:

What a beautiful set, I like how it has a massive video wall which makes the set feel more spacious on camera - but also adaptable.
LL
Also, WPVI in Philadelphia was been using the same theme since 1972.

I love how even in the modern titles as well as the music, they still show locals working.

Newer posts