« Topics
Woodpecker430 posts since 19 Jan 2018
Central (West) Midlands Today
Further coverage of the death of TVNZ journalist Greg Boyed on 1 News Midday, at Six, Seven Sharp, and Tonight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WgtnPMIpFE

Clearly a great loss to everybody in the TVNZ newsroom.

I used to live in New Zealand, and often watched Greg on the late news, of which he was the main presenter for many years. He was a great news anchor who always came across as an amiable bloke. He was also known for his witty one-liners and quips. His death is indeed a tragic loss - my condolences to his family, friends and loved ones.
sbahnhof 7 gave kudos
London Lite11,276 posts since 4 Jan 2003
London London
Very slick and modern - am very impressed! And I love what they've done with the theme tune. I see Jean-Pierre Pernaut still refuses to use the autocue, though!

I swear Jean-Pierre will still be presenting the lunchtime bulletin from the care home. Nice, slick adaptation of the long standing theme.
Quatorzine Neko, DE88 and Woodpecker gave kudos
London Lite11,276 posts since 4 Jan 2003
London London
This is the time of year when French news goes through at least one major revamp of sets, pres or presenters. TF1 with it's new set, BFMTV launched it's new schedule today with presenters joining from LCI and Franceinfo.
DE88682 posts since 8 Jan 2017
TF1 have used this music in one form or another since 1990, oui?

Compare and contrast with the Beeb's use of David Lowe's beeps since 1999, and ITV's use of Dave Hewson's rearrangements of "The Awakening" since 1995...
Now officially retired from TV Forum. "When the fun stops, stop."
Quatorzine Neko gave kudos
Woodpecker430 posts since 19 Jan 2018
Central (West) Midlands Today
TF1 have used this music in one form or another since 1990, oui?

Compare and contrast with the Beeb's use of David Lowe's beeps since 1999, and ITV's use of Dave Hewson's rearrangements of "The Awakening" since 1995...

If we're gonna talk long-running news themes, then the Tagesschau has been using the same six-note melody (Hammond Fantasy) since 1956, and ZDF have been using their beeps (Morse code for 'heute') since 1973. Cool And in New Zealand, 1 News has retained the same motif in their various themes since at least the late 90s.
Quatorzine Neko and DE88 gave kudos