TV Home Forum

ITV’s LittleBe

Split from Childrens TV (August 2018)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
NW
nwtv2003
JAS84 posted:
Wouldn't that be two different sets of transmission controllers? TVX was owned by Richard Desmond's Northern and Shell until a couple of years ago.

How did stuff like that work? Living was owned and operated by Flextech and wasn’t, in a similar way that Playboy TV used to appear after Sky Sports 3 ended, even though Playboy was not owned or ran by Sky. For that matter Nick Jr was shown on Sky Sports 3 downtime for a while too.
BR
Brekkie
Interesting but logical move to launch LittleBe, though surely would have made more sense at the beginning of the holidays so older and younger children could be covered across the two strands.
FA
fanoftv
By utilising ITV Be it saves on broadcast costs for a standalone channel. It could work well in a similar way to how Milkshake does for Channel 5, plus with ITV Be skewing to a young female demographic, many may have young kids who will find the service useful. Of course, it could be used just until Christmas to capitalise on toy advertisements.

Interesting but logical move to launch LittleBe, though surely would have made more sense at the beginning of the holidays so older and younger children could be covered across the two strands.

Possibly, but I imagine that they will have left it in September due to holidays.
IS
Inspector Sands
JAS84 posted:
Wouldn't that be two different sets of transmission controllers? TVX was owned by Richard Desmond's Northern and Shell until a couple of years ago.

It probably was once the channels became seperate in the digital era, but in the analogue days it was one TX suite doing the whole 24 hours. They just played the end of UK Living, put up a caption saying 'The Fantasy Channel is next' and then played TVXs first programme

How did stuff like that work? Living was owned and operated by Flextech and wasn’t, in a similar way that Playboy TV used to appear after Sky Sports 3 ended, even though Playboy was not owned or ran by Sky. For that matter Nick Jr was shown on Sky Sports 3 downtime for a while too.

In the case of TVX, Thames/Pearson part owned (along with the BBC) UK Living so did its playout... and TVX just contracted them to do their channel too. They'd s just end their schedules and programme tapes to them
DJ
DJ Dave
Looks good, they did have Telly Tots brand when I was watching CiTV back in the day. Tiny TCC and as you say Tiny Living, use to be a good channel back in the day with its brookside reruns Laughing
ST
Stuart
Tiny Living, use to be a good channel back in the day with its brookside reruns Laughing

What? They used to show merseyside rape, murder, kidnap and marriage breakdown on a channel for toddlers? Shocked

I suppose Hayley Cropper's assisted suicide a few years ago on Corrie could also be portrayed as an 'LBTQI/Cancer learning event" for LittleBe viewers while they come to grips with holding a crayon.
Last edited by Stuart on 26 August 2018 10:03am - 2 times in total
DE
deryn
i also like how there are launching to the day kids go back to school
FA
fanoftv
deryn posted:
i also like how there are launching to the day kids go back to school

It makes sense. For multi children families with the older children at school parents will be more inclined to put on pre school programmes. Though from experiences of being around friends with their kids they tend to opt for iplayer/YouTube/Netflix to find programmes that they like on demand.
BR
Brekkie
Where have they been promoting it? Usually seems to be more ITVBe ads on ITV than for the main station but not seen this.
OF
OF992
Anyone still remember Tiny Living?

I have a Pippi Longstocking VHS tape with it right in the middle of it.
NA
Nathan
Where have they been promoting it? Usually seems to be more ITVBe ads on ITV than for the main station but not seen this.

I've seen it on ITV2.
BR
Brekkie
Six new episodes of Sooty are part of the launch schedule.

https://inews.co.uk/culture/television/sooty-itv-new-series/

Newer posts