TV Home Forum

Good Morning Britain

From Television Centre (April 2018)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JO
Jonwo
I think it'd be good to have Emma Barnett as a Piers or Susanna stand in for one week. Oddly, they've never have female guest anchors, only male but I guess GMB has enough female presenters so a guest female anchor is unnecessary.
AMM, Luke B and UBox gave kudos
:-(
A former member
A very silly and shouty show this morning. JK is too loud for breakfast tv.
Ittr, Luke B and what gave kudos
AA
Aaron_2015
I can only assume that Kyle plays well with GMB’s target audience. Social media comments are about 90% negative however, so he must poll well in audience research or something similar.

Did the editor from The Sun deliberately smash the glass of water during the debate on office gossip? It certainly didn’t look like an accident, and Kate and Charlotte looked bemused. Looked like a cheap stunt to grab a few gutter press articles online.
TR
TROGGLES
If you have ever seen a Kyle show produced you will know what a disturbingly & dangerous fake show it is. Off camera Kyle winds up the vulnerable guests into a state of red mist, he swears at participants and the audience, all of which is edited out so he looks professional and calm. Its not a nice studio to be in during a production, more a bear pit with hounds baying.
Spencer, Ittr and DE88 gave kudos
BF
BFGArmy
I can only assume that Kyle plays well with GMB’s target audience. Social media comments are about 90% negative however, so he must poll well in audience research or something similar.

Did the editor from The Sun deliberately smash the glass of water during the debate on office gossip? It certainly didn’t look like an accident, and Kate and Charlotte looked bemused. Looked like a cheap stunt to grab a few gutter press articles online.

A show normally anchored by Piers Morgan doing cheap stunts to boost ratings/get column inches - perish the thought!

It's not as if you've had presenters smashing Breakfast mugs or stopping the TOTH so they can go on a rant or all other manner of juvenile rubbish in the past.
Ittr, Custard56 and Lou Scannon gave kudos
NA
natoswald

Adil Ray is back in a couple of weeks, presenting with Charlotte.
:-(
A former member
There’s too much inconsistency on this show depending on who is presenting. I mentioned earlier about JK being too shouty, I think Kate needs reigning in as well as her silliness borders on unprofessional a lot of the time. It’s not good for the show. Piers may be “controversial” but at least he brings an element of seriousness when required. It seems like they try too hard to create social media buzz or attention. That frigging cow this morning for example.
Ben Shatliff and AMM gave kudos
JO
Jonwo
^I wonder if Adil Ray is doing the last week of the summer run since Piers and Susanna are back in September.
MC
mccanmat
I think Adil was great last week- would be good to see him on again
JA
jacob_27
Erron Gordon has just retweeted an article about GMA with the comment “We love a tweaked GMB opening too 😉”.
BB
BBI45
Erron Gordon has just retweeted an article about GMA with the comment “We love a tweaked GMB opening too 😉”.

Well, let's see whether this leads to anything. I'd hazard a guess that if the intro will be tweaked, it will be done when Piers and Susanna return.

EDIT: Here are the two intros from GMA from the last two days. I could see the first one working for GMB.

Last edited by BBI45 on 22 August 2018 7:30pm
DJ
DJ Dave
BBI45 posted:

Well, let's see whether this leads to anything. I'd hazard a guess that if the intro will be tweaked, it will be done when Piers and Susanna return.

EDIT: Here are the two intros from GMA from the last two days. I could see the first one working for GMB.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46Qo306Xrc4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPeB20WEvZ0

Naa I much prefer GMB's version!

Newer posts