International News Presentation: Past and Present

(February 2007)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
WW
WW Update
I've you ever wondered where my username comes from... Wink

WW
WW Update
A historical compilation of news intros from TVQ-10 (originally TVQ-0) in Brisbane, Australia, from the 1970s to the present:

FO
fox1
I really like the way he edited that - included as much of the original videos without cutting. You probably know my favourites were all from the late 80s and early 90s! Wink Great station.
Last edited by fox1 on 19 August 2018 12:45am
WW
WW Update
From Puerto Rico, a historical compilation of WKAQ's news intros since the early '80s:

LL
London Lite Founding member
France 3 lunchtime regional news for the greater Paris region, 20th August 2018. I've also added the air quality report and out of vision weather. As with all regional news output on France 3, it's in SD, but recorded from the HD channel.

ADmanamDA, NYTV and WW Update gave kudos
VI
Viakenny
Over the past few weeks, more Globo affiliates have been adopting the network's new graphics package for their local newscasts. Since there are many stations, and each one has its own version of the opens, I decided to post mostly compilations of those opens over the years, including the new ones.

EPTV (with stations covering Campinas, Ribeirão Preto and São Carlos, in São Paulo, and Varginha, in Minas Gerais):

Rede Bahia de Televisão (with stations covering the entire state of Bahia):
Jornal da Manhã - once again I note that the name "Bom Dia Bahia" is owned by TV Aratu, a former Globo affiliate (currently affiliated to SBT)

Bahia Meio-Dia :

BATV (includes an open for Aratu Notícias from when TV Aratu was a Globo affiliate):

TV Anhanguera Tocantins (the Goiás stations rebranded earlier):
Bom Dia Tocantins :

Jornal Anhanguera 1ª Edição (aka JA1 ):

Jornal Anhanguera 2ª Edição (aka JA2 , Palmas):

Araguaína:

And, as mentioned on a previous post, RPC (with stations covering all of Paraná):
Bom Dia Paraná :

Meio Dia Paraná (fka Paraná TV 1ª Edição ) and Boa Noite Paraná (fka Paraná TV 2ª Edição ):
BB
BBI45
TVNZ broadcaster and journalist Greg Boyed has died suddenly while on holiday.

https://www.tvnz.co.nz/one-news/new-zealand/tvnz-broadcaster-greg-boyed-dies
NY
NYTV
NY1, New York City, 2010, News at Eleven
Mouseboy33 and WW Update gave kudos
BB
BBI45
BBI45 posted:
TVNZ broadcaster and journalist Greg Boyed has died suddenly while on holiday.

https://www.tvnz.co.nz/one-news/new-zealand/tvnz-broadcaster-greg-boyed-dies

Here is how the passing of Greg Boyed has been covered on 1 News, Newshub and Prime News:

WW
WW Update
CNN from 30 years ago:

RK
Rkolsen
So I don’t have video or images but WNYW the Fox Owned station in NYC had spectacular computer failures. Their 5 and 6 pm newscasts yesterday were preempted while the 10PM show was hosted by Shepard Smith from the Fox News HQ. The 10PM show featured the Fox News graphics but had regular live shots like a normal show. This morning the Good Day New York morning show came from a smaller studio in the Fox News HQ and was cut short an hour (ending at 9AM).
NY
NYTV
So I don’t have video or images but WNYW the Fox Owned station in NYC had spectacular computer failures. Their 5 and 6 pm newscasts yesterday were preempted while the 10PM show was hosted by Shepard Smith from the Fox News HQ. The 10PM show featured the Fox News graphics but had regular live shots like a normal show. This morning the Good Day New York morning show came from a smaller studio in the Fox News HQ and was cut short an hour (ending at 9AM).

Reportedly, the computer issues are a byproduct of construction work occurring at the Fox Television Center (WNYW HQ). The construction work has been ongoing for months and staffers have fallen ill as a result, even leaving to the resignation of popular weekend anchor Christina Park. No further word if WNYW will continue to decamp at Fox News HQ or will they move into sister Station WWOR in Secaucus.
Here's more on the "cluster----" at WNYW https://www.ftvlive.com/sqsp-test/2018/8/22/****-at-fox-5

Newer posts