This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
LT
LTSC1980
5PM bulletin also got new look
ADmanamDA and WW Update gave kudos
BR
Brekkie
dvboy posted:
You're going to have to explain, unless I'm missing something really obvious?

Look how the local logo is screed up and partly cut off.

Clearly isn't a "mistake" at all though - that is the intention. A "mistake" where you'd wonder "how that logo made it into the system" would be them using the NBC logo.
RK
Rkolsen
dvboy posted:
You're going to have to explain, unless I'm missing something really obvious?

Look how the local logo is screed up and partly cut off.

Clearly isn't a "mistake" at all though - that is the intention. A "mistake" where you'd wonder "how that logo made it into the system" would be them using the NBC logo.

Still it looks weird. Why would they intentionally cut off part of their logo?
CH
Charles
^^^

I think they're trying to emulate this:

RK
Rkolsen
^^^

I think they're trying to emulate this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y16fs7zAkxg

Okay. Then I see it. But I still think it looks bad while the network one is more slick.

If they wanted something like that I wonder what would stop them from requesting the template and animations they used.
Last edited by Rkolsen on 17 August 2018 6:57am
NY
NYTV
As previously mentioned in this thread, South Korea's MBC underwent a rebrand which included its news bulletins.
This is the new generic "MBC News" bulletin intro
NY
NYTV
SBS, South Korea, an updated look at the history of intros for SBS Nightline along with the new title sequence effective July 2018. The new title sequence features a darker blue color.
WO
Woodpecker
VTM, Belgium (Flanders), 2009:

And their current intro:

Some changes are currently underfoot at VTM. From today, they are broadcasting from a virtual studio, as the former studio is being renovated and repurposed as radio studios. This comes as VTM Nieuws is preparing to move from the current building, which is located outside Brussels, to new premises in Antwerp, which will be shared with the many newspapers and magazines owned by VTM's parent company.
BR
Brekkie
That current intro has lasted relatively long - they had another look in between these. Always felt this type of intro would actually work well as a refresh to BBC News.
WO
Woodpecker
That current intro has lasted relatively long - they had another look in between these. Always felt this type of intro would actually work well as a refresh to BBC News.

They did, and it can be seen from 2:40 in the video (which does contain some distressing images, so anyone with a sensitive disposition is advised not to watch):

And as for your point about a BBC News refresh, I agree entirely - I think it would look a lot fresher than the dated titles/newsroom sweep we currently have.
BB
BBI45

Some changes are currently underfoot at VTM. From today, they are broadcasting from a virtual studio, as the former studio is being renovated and repurposed as radio studios. This comes as VTM Nieuws is preparing to move from the current building, which is located outside Brussels, to new premises in Antwerp, which will be shared with the many newspapers and magazines owned by VTM's parent company.

Now, if this is the temporary studio, then they've done a good job of hiding it:

WO
Woodpecker
BBI45 posted:

Now, if this is the temporary studio, then they've done a good job of hiding it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vptjLdbOok

I agree. If you look very closely, the camera pans in the titles and at the end are pre-recorded. Still, as you've said, it's not something the vast majority of viewers would notice.

Newer posts