TV Home Forum

Big Brother UK

Ratings crash & future indoubt (June 2018)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
:-(
A former member
The member requested removal of this post
Last edited by A former member on 17 August 2018 2:25am
Stuart, Mouseboy33 and Brekkie gave kudos
PF
PFML84
The White House thing was obviously for Stormy Daniels who pulled out as the show went to air, hence the rush by production to make Kirstie the President and not Stormy. Apparently she is being put in tonight and is only staying for a week at a cost of £750,000 (according to some rag of a red top) so take that with a pinch of salt.

Also, the crowd seemed dead last night. Barely any enthusiasm from them for anyone, but given the line-up, can you blame them? Even Emma seemed more bored of it all than usual. Her fake "this is an amazing line-up/series/housemate" is more obvious than ever.
WH
Whataday Founding member
In the current climate they've picked a man who was fired from the BBC for inappropriate behaviour.

You should be very careful when surmising like that.

I should make it clear that he was not fired - he took a break from the programme following a complaint from a researcher and there was no suggestion that the inappropriate behaviour was sexual. I'm sure we shall never know the full details but the complaint was made by the same researcher who also complained about Carol Thatcher's inappropriate language, and a further complaint against a deputy editor which was also not of a sexual nature.
BA
bilky asko
The White House thing was obviously for Stormy Daniels who pulled out as the show went to air, hence the rush by production to make Kirstie the President and not Stormy. Apparently she is being put in tonight and is only staying for a week at a cost of £750,000 (according to some rag of a red top) so take that with a pinch of salt.

Also, the crowd seemed dead last night. Barely any enthusiasm from them for anyone, but given the line-up, can you blame them? Even Emma seemed more bored of it all than usual. Her fake "this is an amazing line-up/series/housemate" is more obvious than ever.

Does that account for the "speed dating" segment in Bit on the Side where there were table numbers up to 14?
PF
PFML84
Also, there are two spare screens either side of the HM's faces on BOTS, are they usually there or are they perhaps for 4 more HM's going in over the course of the show?
UT
Upload TV
1.98M watched last night, peaking at 2.04M. First time ever the ratings have been higher than a January series.
HC
Hatton Cross
In the current climate they've picked a man who was fired from the BBC for inappropriate behaviour. Incredible.

He wasn't. He was 'released' from The One Show. The man in question, still works for the BBC and has presented plenty of programmes for them, as Radio Four listeners will nod in agreement.
DE
DE88
Every time I think of Nick Leeson, I think of this:

They've also picked a footballer who has served time in prison, that model who was held captive in Italy, and someone who is only famous for spending hundreds of thousands on plastic surgery.

To think that there was a time when the likes of Jack Dee, Claire Sweeney, Les Dennis and Sue Perkins were picked...
SP
Steve in Pudsey
In the current climate they've picked a man who was fired from the BBC for inappropriate behaviour. Incredible.

He wasn't. He was 'released' from The One Show.

Isn't that the same kind of semantics as when a football manager "left the club by mutual consent"?

If it is the case that he is no longer employed by the One Show as a result of his actions, I think fired is reasonable shorthand, regardless of whether the contractual position means that they are just choosing not to book him again rather dismissal.
LS
Lou Scannon
The White House thing was obviously for Stormy Daniels who pulled out as the show went to air

Not the first (or last) time that a single sentence has had cause to feature both of those word-pairings, I'm sure...
Stuart and London Lite gave kudos
JA
JAS84
Looks like the show will be in tomorrow's papers for the wrong reasons. Stormy's been gagged by the lawyers.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-45220914
:-(
A former member
The member requested removal of this post
Last edited by A former member on 17 August 2018 5:59pm

Newer posts