TV Home Forum

BBC Oneness - idents and presentation

"Watch this space" as BBC Creative respond to ident change request (December 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
:-(
A former member
What is it with the Nations regularly playing out mis-matched stings and idents? Only Network seems to keep them paired all the time.
A former member
What is it with the Nations regularly playing out mis-matched stings and idents? Only Network seems to keep them paired all the time.

Really? Scotland been pretty decent of late keeping the sting and ident the same. Thankful Glasgow is still using the Football idents!
A former member

Really? Scotland been pretty decent of late keeping the sting and ident the same. Thankful Glasgow is still using the Football idents!

Scotland - 1pm today - Night Kayakers sting, Mountain Rescue ident Wink
A former member

Scotland - 1pm today - Night Kayakers sting, Mountain Rescue ident Wink

I must be very lucky never seen this happen yet.
BR
Brekkie
Says everything you need to know about Oneness when a new ident debuted at 11am today and nobody even noticed.

A former member
Says everything you need to know about Oneness when a new ident debuted at 11am today and nobody even noticed.
On Network, yep. It debuted in NI 5 days ago and in Scotland the day after.
MI
Mike516

I've heard of government departments sneaking out potentially unpopular news and reports on "a good day to bury bad news", i.e. when people and the press are occupied with something else, now it seems the BBC has resorted to choosing a good day to bury bad idents...
Lou Scannon and BBI45 gave kudos
A former member
Do they not teach BBC ONE continuity announcers correct pronunciation these days? Both network and Scotland mispronounced 'grande dame'.
DA
davidhorman
Perhaps the fault lies with whoever decided on the wording for using such a passé (/ˈpaseɪ/) phrase.
AS
Asa Admin
Steel Band just on going into EastEnders, where they don’t start playing until the announcer has to dip the sound to speak Rolling Eyes
MM
MMcG198
Do they not teach BBC ONE continuity announcers correct pronunciation these days? Both network and Scotland mispronounced 'grande dame'.

Mmmm...could be a lot worse.

Tonight's lottery numbers are: free, firteen, twenty-free, firty, firty-free and forty-free. The bonus ball is: fifty-free. There were free winners of tonight's draw - each receiving free-hundred-and-firty-free fousand pounds.
A former member
I still LOVE this clip

https://youtu.be/mFu22UTOYT8?t=68

Newer posts