The Gallery

'Americanised' News at Ten

Based loosely on NBC Nightly News (August 2018)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
GO
gomedia
Just for fun really. Mix of current ITV branding and a bit of NBC Nightly News. The current look is so bland, I really liked the '08 look ITV had for News at Ten. Title sequence was great and shouldn't have been dumped. Noticed NBC Nightly News intro clearly took inspiration from it so for fun just mixed the two together a bit.

May do some on-screen stuff or animation in future
TV
TVViewer256
Just for fun really. Mix of current ITV branding and a bit of NBC Nightly News. The current look is so bland, I really liked the '08 look ITV had for News at Ten. Title sequence was great and shouldn't have been dumped. Noticed NBC Nightly News intro clearly took inspiration from it so for fun just mixed the two together a bit.

May do some on-screen stuff or animation in future

It looks very good. You should do the on screen stuff
AG
AxG
That looks gorgeous.
MW
Mike W
I like it, 4/5 for now - need to see how this would animate, are you thinking similar to NBC's or more fitting to the 2008 NAT music? I think a 'fly through' with the mosaic tiles would be really impressive visually...
GO
gomedia
I like it, 4/5 for now - need to see how this would animate, are you thinking similar to NBC's or more fitting to the 2008 NAT music? I think a 'fly through' with the mosaic tiles would be really impressive visually...

I’d probably set to the ‘08 NaT theme, but ideally it would be re-orchestrated, for example I don’t like the horn sounds because they sound too ‘synth-y’, get some more strings in, lighten it all slightly. The GMB orchestrals are pretty nice so ideally something similar. Update the fly-through with newer skyline, mixed with the turning mosiac tiles ITV currently use
Woodpecker and Mike W gave kudos
BR
Brekkie
Really nice, and liking the idea of the mosaics being incorporated into a fly through. Would love to see this developed.
DM
DeeMartie
Get cracking on the On-Screen Stuff ASAP, I Love It!
RO
rob Founding member
Excellent! Would love to see more of this.

71 days later

TM
Telly Media
Very nice!

54 days later

MB
Media Box
These look really good!

And agree with Rob - would love to see some more ...

Newer posts