TV Home Forum

I’m a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here! 2018

(August 2018)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BR
Brekkie
Worth remembering Takeaway is only on 7 weeks and airs alongside The Voice, so any replacement Show is hardly going to be a talent/reality format or any singing format.

They’ll just continue with the same sort of scheduling as they use in the winter with the likes of Take Me Out, Jonathan Ross, Through the Keyhole etc airing with The Voice.

Has Take Me Out been axed. Sure I read that somewhere.

Still no news on Millionaire but moving The Voice to 7pm then airing Millionaire after would be a fairly safe option.

What will be interesting next year is the awards ceremonies and if Dec gets nominates as a solo host, as he certainly should.
TV
TVFan2017
Worth remembering Takeaway is only on 7 weeks and airs alongside The Voice, so any replacement Show is hardly going to be a talent/reality format or any singing format.

They’ll just continue with the same sort of scheduling as they use in the winter with the likes of Take Me Out, Jonathan Ross, Through the Keyhole etc airing with The Voice.

Still no news on Millionaire but moving The Voice to 7pm then airing Millionaire after would be a fairly safe option.

What will be interesting next year is the awards ceremonies and if Dec gets nominates as a solo host, as he certainly should.

Also slightly off topic but does anyone know what happened to Holly Willoughby's Surprise Surprise, it was a very short-lived revival
JC
JamieCB

Also slightly off topic but does anyone know what happened to Holly Willoughby's Surprise Surprise, it was a very short-lived revival

There was a 2016 article that stated that ITV were to 'rest' it, alongside The Cube and Family Fortunes - "possibly forever".
https://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/itv-rest-shows-cube-family-8212147

However, I've just seen a 2017 article that says Holly Willoughby would like to bring it back again...
http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/reality-tv/news/a825967/holly-willoughby-surprise-surprise-itv-comeback/

Would love to see that or Family Fortunes return to fill the gap in 2019 - just not The Cube.
JC
JCB
Right decision. Health first.

If you fell for all that! I just get the feeling there's more, and much worse, to come out.
JA
james-2001
The way he gave his exclusive interview to The Sun last year is the tabloid rag's usual trick of "we have much worse dirt on you, so you either give us an exclusive interview with these details, or we'll publish the much worse stuff".
AN
Andrew Founding member
The way he gave his exclusive interview to The Sun last year is the rag's usual trick of "we have much worse dirt on you, so you either give us an exclisive interview with these details, or we'll publish the much worse stuff".

Which if it was the case they would have published anyway on exactly the day one of their shows was about to start
BM
BM11
The way he gave his exclusive interview to The Sun last year is the rag's usual trick of "we have much worse dirt on you, so you either give us an exclisive interview with these details, or we'll publish the much worse stuff".

Which if it was the case they would have published anyway on exactly the day one of their shows was about to start

Not always. An exclusive interview might sell more.
JC
JCB
The way he gave his exclusive interview to The Sun last year is the tabloid rag's usual trick of "we have much worse dirt on you, so you either give us an exclusive interview with these details, or we'll publish the much worse stuff".

I vaguely remember way back in 2002/3 they gave an unusually candid newspaper interview which, frankly, made them look like a couple of repulsive tw@ts. The kind of which the current climate doesn't tolerate anymore.

So naive! Wink
VM
VMPhil
The official statement is here by the way, you couldn't access it earlier presumably because of the high traffic to the site

http://www.antanddec.com/news/view/statement
PF
PFML84
Bloody hell, their website is awful looking.
AN
Andrew Founding member
The equivalent thread on Digital Spy has turned out better, and that should never happen.
DE
DE88

There was a 2016 article that stated that ITV were to 'rest' it, alongside The Cube and Family Fortunes - "possibly forever".
https://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/itv-rest-shows-cube-family-8212147

However, I've just seen a 2017 article that says Holly Willoughby would like to bring it back again...
http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/reality-tv/news/a825967/holly-willoughby-surprise-surprise-itv-comeback/

Would love to see that or Family Fortunes return to fill the gap in 2019 - just not The Cube.

What's wrong with The Cube?

It's probably the least likely of the three to return, anyway. If it *did* return, however, I wonder where it would be recorded - would it still be recorded somewhere in London, or would it go north like Millionaire?

I haven't read anything about Take Me Out being axed - indeed, applications for series 11 are open. It's certainly not as popular as it was a few years ago, though.

Newer posts